E-mail merge: How can I use the “Direct Replies To” option in Outlook when I’m doing an e-mail merge from Word?

• Thread starter Laurie xxx
  • Start date Views 1,896
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laurie xxx

I would like to do an e-mail merge in word that "direct replies to" a different e-mail address than I'm sending from. I start the e-mail merge and select my recipients from an excel document with other specific information, but I don't see in Word where you can direct replies to another e-mail address. Is this possible?

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

That would be a function of the email account you use to send the messages with. Set the "Reply to" address to be the address you want folks to reply to. Assuming you're using Outlook 2007, you would do this from 'Tools|Email Accounts|View or Change existing email accounts', select the email account you'll be using to send with, click "Change", click "More Settings" and, on the General tab, place your return address in the "Reply E-mail" box.

Hal

L

Laurie____

That sounds like a great option. I do have Outlook 2007. However, when I go to the General tab I don't see the "Reply E-mail" box. It may be because we use a Microsoft Exchange server e-mail...would that be why?

Status
Not open for further replies.