Nothing appearing in the sent items folder and nothing appearing in the deleted items folder when I

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotozz

When I send an email ,nothing appears in the sent folder ,and when I delete an email nothing appears in the deleted folder

B

Brian Tillman

What type of account are you using (POP, IMAP, Hotmail/Live, etc.)?

----------------------------

S

scotozz

I*ve noticed on my own machine ,the account type is IMAP,however on my wifes it is POP3, that colud be what the problem is. nI have made up a sent items folder. no problem with that, but I still cant get items to appear in my deleted items folder. It is really is no big deal,but I like to keep things nice and tidy.

B

Brian Tillman

In reality, there is no " Deleted Items" folder for IMAP. Outlook 2010, however, can be configured to mimic Deleted Items by moving messages from the source folder to a " Deleted Items" (or whatever you choose to name it) folder, then marking the original message as deleted. Since Outlook is using the " Hide Messages Marked for Deletion" view, the messages appear to leave the source folder (even though they really don't). Outlook versions prior to 2010 didn't even use the Deleted Items folder for IMAP. While Outlook 2010's default behavior is as I described, it can be configured to work as earlier versions did also. Click the File tab, select Accunt Settings>Account Settings. Choose your IMAP account, click Change, then More Settings. Select the Deleted Items tab. The radio button at the bottom controls whether or not Outlook uses a Deleted Items folder.

----------------------------

R

RedCyberSal

I followed your instructions but became stuck with the last bit. What do you mean by the radio button at the bottom? I have tried both buttons present but either (mark items for deletion and purge items), does not fix the problem.

G

Guruprasad Ra

Adding to Brian's suggestion follow the steps below and verify the results:

Open Outlook > Click on Account settings > Select the problem account > Click on Change > More settings > Deleted items > Enable the radio button "Move deleted items to the following folder on the server" > Create a new folder and verify the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Nothing is appearing in 'Saved mail' folder Using Outlook 2
Commodore Nothing in Drafts folder Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2010 Quick Print Attachment, nothing happend Using Outlook 0
F i retireved my emails but not there is nothing in my calendar Using Outlook 1
A File - Save Attachments does nothing in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2010 ... Using Outlook 3
F Outlook 2010 Activities search finds nothing Using Outlook 4
G 3rd email account shows 15 emails but nothing there? Using Outlook 2
J Nothing happens after clicking on the link in my emails Using Outlook 3
G Nothing in 'Sent Items' folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
W Nothing happens when using the Archive Using Outlook 3
P All of a sudden I cannot open the INBOX file. It asks me to close any application and restart. Done that several times. Nothing Using Outlook 1
P Outlook says it's 'Sending' when it's opening. Nothing was in the Outbox for it to send. Using Outlook 2
D Outlook will not import backup copy of contacts. I have tried file-import-etc. but nothing happens. Using Outlook 3
T push "send/receive all folders" and nothing happens, check "Show progress" and it's empty. Using Outlook 10
L In the File drop menu 'Import/Export' does nothing when I click on it Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2003 - Says "Sending Message 1 of 1" but there is NOTHING in the Outbox. Using Outlook 1
M Search finds nothing. Using Outlook 1
P I cannot get Outlook 2007 to work with my MSN account. Also using Windows 7. I followed all the instructions at Microsoft support and nothing solved Using Outlook 1
F When I click on link in email nothing occurs Using Outlook 7
A not able to find Contacts when writing new email, even clicked the Searh Name button.__Try to set the address list or book, but nothing listed in the Using Outlook 1
G Outllook 2010 say's there is mail in the inbox, but nothing is showing Using Outlook 2
G Can't send for last few weeks. Nothing on MS support sites are working. Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2007: Nothing happens when searching PST file Using Outlook 0
B Delete or Move from a Search Result - Nothing Happens Using Outlook 2
Graham Hyman Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted Using Outlook 4
M tasks in todo list appearing twice Using Outlook 3
T OL2010 Password box keeps appearing. Using Outlook 6
R Room Finder not appearing Using Outlook 2
Jessica .msg file saved in network drive appearing in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
C New emails not appearing until Outlook is closed and re-opened Using Outlook 5
R Problem with Reminder appearing in Inbox Using Outlook 5
E No projects appearing in 'business projects' for bcm Using Outlook 0
E MIME encoding appearing in body of message Using Outlook 3
A Contacts not appearing either in address book or address list Using Outlook 5
M Rules & Alerts not appearing in the File Tab (outlook 2010) Using Outlook 1
O "Replied" messages not in "sent" box, but are appearing in my "inbox" from me Using Outlook 1
D Saved emails not appearing in draft folder Using Outlook 3
M Images within e-mails appearing upside down Using Outlook 1
M HYPERLINKS in received mail are appearing as TEXT only in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
F outlook 2010 favorite folder items randomly appearing / disappearing Using Outlook 1
V Archive options not appearing Using Outlook 5
R Pop up window keeps appearing telling me to enter my user name and password. Doing so does not make the windows go away, they just keep coming back. Using Outlook 1
M Need help w/ Calendar Events not appearing in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
J not appearing in the sent folder of 'Personal folder' Using Outlook 5
A Emails are Delayed by several hours before appearing in my inbox Using Outlook 4
R Reading Pane text appearing all the way to the right... Using Outlook 1
D Problem with images not appearing in emails. Using Outlook 14
B outlook 2010 is not saving sent mail in sent items folder and sometimes after appearing in sent item Using Outlook 1
B Tasks are not appearing on screen when due Using Outlook 1
P Reminders are not appearing in Calendar Using Outlook 1