Re: Email Merge problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nantydail

The problem was due to a trial version of Office 2007 or 2010 pre installed on my new computer.

While the program was uninstalled there were files left in the registry or somewhere in the bowels of the new computer that caused conflicts and prevented Office 2003 working properly. Once these many background files were removed and Office 2003 re installed everything worked well.

R

Russ Valentine

Whenever you change Outlook versions you must create a new Outlook profile from scratch before the new version will work properly.Russ Valentine

N

nantydail

Hi Russ actually the problem was due to a trial version of Office 2007 or 2010 pre installed on my new computer.

While the program was uninstalled there were files left in the registry or somewhere in the bowels of the new computer that caused conflicts and prevented Office 2003 working properly. Once these many background files were removed and Office 2003 re installed everything worked well.

Marked As Answer by nantydail Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:18 AM

R

Russ Valentine

Those so called "files" in the registry were the profile settings. As I said creating a new profile is the correct solution and is much safer than trying to hack the registry.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
Randy Redekopp How To Merge Contact Info to Email Custom Form Template Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
G Mail Merge via Proxy Email? Using Outlook 2
F Mail merge in Word/Outlook 2010 using multiple email accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 2
J mass email limitations when sending mails using mail merge. Using Outlook 2
M Mail Merge email using data from MS Access Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2010 - attachments with mail merge email Using Outlook 4
Z How to merge 2 imap email accounts to get all emails in 1 inbox? Using Outlook 1
A email merge numbrers Using Outlook 1
N Choosing an email account during mail merge Using Outlook 3
L merge multiple email addresses to one pane Using Outlook 4
B How do I select who the email is coming from and who replies go to for a mail merge? Using Outlook 1
M Email merge from Excel not executing - Outlook Home&Business 2010 Using Outlook 2
B Mail Merge won't email Using Outlook 2
H Mail Merge from Alternate Email Account Using Outlook 1
R My email merge/business contact manager fields are not populating BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G VBA Interfering with Email Addresses in Mail Merge? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Mail Merge to email with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T The non-email functions Using Outlook 8
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? New Slipstick.com Articles 6