Using multiple calendars across Outlook 2003/2007 and (if possible) populating automatically based o

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allan Warhurst

Hi

I'm trying to set up a group schedule which will give an overview of several people's availability. Trouble is, we don't want everything from each person's calendar in there. I had some ideas about how to do this, but not sure if they are possible. It's further complicated as this needs to be something which will work across Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 and across XP/Vista/Windows 7.

1. Each person creates a separate calendar for the required items and copies them across manually, or invites the new calendar where appropriate. Group schedule of these calendars will give the overview we need (this should work, but would be time consuming).

2. Give required items a category and filter by this in the group schedule (not sure if this is possible).

3. Combination of 1 and 2. Use categories in the default calendar and import (or otherwise automatically populate) the new calendars with only the categories we want (no idea if this is possible).

Happy to hear alternative suggestions!

The idea is that someone will be able to get an overview of availability without having personal appointments/team members' annual leave in there as well.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

Allan

A

Allan Warhurst

Hi Ezil

Thanks for your response.

We're using Exchange on a domain.

I've looked at those links. Creating a group schedule I can do. The issue then is the irrelevant calendar items in the original calendars. Can group schedules filter by category? I've had a look but can't see how to do this.

Thanks again

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H How to print multiple calendars using calendar printing assistant Using Outlook 1
D Using Multiple Calendars in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
R Using Multiple Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 3
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O VBA rule on multiple computers using shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Using Categories & Search Folders with multiple accounts Using Outlook 4
P Multiple accounts and single Calendar file (Outlook 2010, using Connector) Using Outlook 1
S Using Multiple Signatures in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
F Mail merge in Word/Outlook 2010 using multiple email accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 2
A Multiple Users of same computer using a common Calendar Using Outlook 3
D OL2007/Exch2003 multiple replies using out of office Using Outlook 1
I using multiple domains and one exchnage server Exchange Server Administration 22
I Multiple e-mail accounts in Outlook 2010 using Exchange servers Using Outlook 1
P Problem using multiple devices and synching the inbox on Miscrosoft MS Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
W Using Multiple Public Calanders in Outlook Using Outlook 1
G Problem using multiple Outlook profiles Using Outlook 8
Z How can I view Group Schedules that were setup previously using Outlook 2003 that contain multiple, selectable groups? Using Outlook 8
H using macro for sending multiple mail in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U Using /a switch to send multiple files? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
A Going to folder using shortcuts Using Outlook 3
A Outlook replies not using "delivered to" address in From Using Outlook 1
Terry Sullivan E-Mails Sent Using a Group Box Result in 70 Kickbacks Using Outlook 5
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Using Outlook 2016 to draw Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
N Disable Auto Read Receipts sent after using Advanced Find Using Outlook 4
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Save attachments using hotkey without changing attributes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Using or not using apostrophes in search terms has this changed? Using Outlook 0
O Office 365 using POP3 on both laptop and desktop Using Outlook 0
M Using field names to capture a data element Using Outlook 0
B Vba to monitor time to respond to emails using a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z Adding dropdown list using custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O Using .OST and .PST mail thru different providers Using Outlook 5
N Open & Save VBAProject.Otm using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Remove text in subject using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P How to export voting results using VBA? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Using the Like operator properly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Using "check for duplicates" for existing contacts Using Outlook 2
S Find a cell value in excel using outlook vba Using Outlook 1
N Using email notification to update calendar events? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4