Accidentally Closing Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

denjerlog

I have a user that has accidentally closed Outlook will typing an email and has lost the email. I would like to give him a chicken exit edit that will appear after the x is clicked and before the program actually closes.

I found the following information on several googled locations, but it is not working.

The message is in the Outbox, but I get no edit on closing. Is there an Outlook setting that needs to be changed to get Outlook to consider the population of the Outbox?

1.Open a new message - enter "Keep Outlook Open" as the subject. Don't enter an address in the To field!

2.Save the message to Drafts.

3.Drag it from Drafts to the Outbox.

4.When you exit Outlook, you'll have the chance to cancel closing Outlook.

OR.....if you can suggest some code that will provide the desired effect, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What version of Outlook? That should work in all versions. The exception is with Corp mode in Outlook 2000 - you need to include another account in the profile for it to work. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040920.htm

I haven't tested it in outlook 2010 yet, but someone told me that it doesn't work in 2010. If you're using 2010, i'll test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Emails being archived when I press the A key accidentally - how do I stop this? Using Outlook 0
N How to remove signature formatting from Text in Word (accidentally taken from Outlook) Using Outlook 0
L Accidentally merged a calendar with .ics, need to undo! Using Outlook 1
K Accidentally deleted my contacts Using Outlook 2
H Accidentally Deleted exchange server email account in Outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 12
S Restore a Meeting (accidentally deleted in my calendar) Using Outlook 3
N Accidentally Deleted Business Contact, Now Can't Link To Account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook 365 keeps closing Using Outlook 1
L Unintentionally closing Outlook w multi monitors Using Outlook 3
P Outlook 2016 Not Closing Using Outlook 3
E Can I intercept Outlook closing and cancel it? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Closing Exchange service, how to keep all calendar and mail data? Exchange Server Administration 0
G opening Outlook again after closing closing? Using Outlook 0
Commodore Outlook 2007 not closing network connections with RSS feeds Using Outlook 1
A Outlook-Program Not Closing Properly Using Outlook 10
B Item_Write = False don't prevent custom form from closing Using Outlook 1
O closing outlook prompts to save all opened attachments Using Outlook 2
F Closing problems BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N VBA Procedure (or Macro) to Stop Outlook from Closing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Strange save request when closing Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Strange save request when closing Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Outlook process left after closing BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0