Looking for feedback on this CAS Array testing plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shon Miles

We are transitioning from 2003 to 2010. Right now I have 2003/2010 at Site "North" and 2010 at site "South". The 2010 servers from both sites are in a DAG. The setup for 2010 in Site North is 2 CA/HT servers and 3 mbx servers. The setup at Site South, is 1 CAS/HUB/MBX.

We want to test out a LB solution that we have for MAPI traffic. Right now we are only LB'ing the web-based traffic. We do not want to interrupt MAPI traffic at Site North, and only test accounts and a passive DAG copy exist at Site South, so we were thinking of creating an A-Record for southArray.domain.com and applying this to the South AD site, and then only updating the RpcClientAccessServer database property on the test DB's in Site South.

I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything and if you guys think this testing plan is solid and should not interrupt any MAPI traffic at Site North?

Shon

S

Shon Miles

Doing the DNS change will work fine. Make sure you lower the TTL on those DNS records to like 5 minutes in advance. Active Directory, 4th Edition - www.briandesmond.com/ad4/ Okay thanks for the tipShon

Status
Not open for further replies.