Looking for feedback on this CAS Array testing plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shon Miles

We are transitioning from 2003 to 2010. Right now I have 2003/2010 at Site "North" and 2010 at site "South". The 2010 servers from both sites are in a DAG. The setup for 2010 in Site North is 2 CA/HT servers and 3 mbx servers. The setup at Site South, is 1 CAS/HUB/MBX.

We want to test out a LB solution that we have for MAPI traffic. Right now we are only LB'ing the web-based traffic. We do not want to interrupt MAPI traffic at Site North, and only test accounts and a passive DAG copy exist at Site South, so we were thinking of creating an A-Record for southArray.domain.com and applying this to the South AD site, and then only updating the RpcClientAccessServer database property on the test DB's in Site South.

I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything and if you guys think this testing plan is solid and should not interrupt any MAPI traffic at Site North?

Shon

S

Shon Miles

Doing the DNS change will work fine. Make sure you lower the TTL on those DNS records to like 5 minutes in advance. Active Directory, 4th Edition - www.briandesmond.com/ad4/ Okay thanks for the tipShon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U looking for feedback on installation process and on eMarking Assis Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
G Looking for help with our Organization Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
peacepanda How to save attachment looking at the attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Looking for help - want to try an alternative to Outlook? Outlook Wishlist 0
D Looking to move away from exchange to outlook.com Using Outlook 4
B Looking for Outlook 2013 update for Send Drafts Macro Using Outlook 4
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
M Looking for trainer in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O looking to bring in all my folders from Outlook Express (XP) to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
B Looking for an add-in or a way to send automatic replies based off a list Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Template: Looking to distribute a VBA Outlook template to other people Using Outlook 1
J Looking for a solution (maybe an add-in) to easily track email conversations Using Outlook 3
I Looking for a productivity add-in similar to "Nostalgy" for Thunderbird Using Outlook 5
Q Looking for Outlook 2010 Close Event Id Exchange Server Administration 1
C Looking for way to tie a Business Contact to more than one Account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J OL2003 Macro disables itself - looking for way to automate 'enable' Using Outlook 2
U Looking for a person/company that we can PAY for Outlook 2003 tech service Using Outlook 0
T I am looking for a Microsoft Outlook Email Stationery download? Using Outlook 5
P Looking for Christmas Theme (thmx file) Using Outlook 5
D Microsoft Outlook not operating and is clouded looking Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2007 at odd times shuts down then states it is looking for problem then starts up again Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2003 (when looking at emails shows my name and not who sent the emails) Using Outlook 2
W "Looking for credential tiles..." when connecting to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook wont load - looking for microsoft exchange Using Outlook 1
M I am looking for support options for taskmanager in 2010 Using Outlook 1
P Looking for suggestions regarding a multi-site high availability/disaster resistant design Exchange Server Administration 1
R Complicated mixed exchange environment, looking to move to 2010! Exchange Server Administration 8
C Looking for Collaboration / Communication Tools Using Outlook 4
R Looking for my BCM backup files BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Looking for email address under ItemSend event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Looking for client-side method (Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007) for users to delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File Using Outlook 6
P Outlook looking for Copy of Outlook.pst Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Features and feedback Using Outlook 4
S Microsoft India Pre-Sales Support Feedback Exchange Server Administration 1
L Outlook clients did not reconnect to Exchange when one CAS server in CAS array became unresponsive Exchange Server Administration 1
A Exchange 2010 CAS Failover from Internet Facing site to Non-Internet Facing Site - Certificate Issue Exchange Server Administration 3
C Watson Error on CAS Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange 2010 CAS/HT/Mailbox moved - best practice/steps for decommissioning 2007 Exchange Server Administration 3
S Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers. Exchange Server Administration 2
S Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers. Exchange Server Administration 3
M Fundamental CAS question for Exchange 2010 and 2007 Co-existence... Exchange Server Administration 7
M Exchange ActiveSync HTTP 500 Exchange CAS/HUB 2007 and Exchange 2003 BE & MBX CCR 2007 Using Outlook 1
B CAS Array and NLB Exchange Server Administration 3
S Exchange CAS server OAB directory not showing web.config file Exchange Server Administration 3
T RBAC Error on UM/CAS Servers Exchange Server Administration 2
R FQDN of Exchange CAS servers not in SSL cert Exchange Server Administration 2