Email folders from windows explorer in WIN7 using MSOutlook

• Thread starter Annie1945
  • Start date Views 595
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Annie1945

Where is the option to email files & folders from within WIN7 ? I often have to email a whole folder of files and always used the option to email from within windows explorer. OUTLOOK only lets you attach one file at a time. Please tell me how I can attach a whole folder to email. using OUTLOOK.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

In Windows Explorer select the items you want to attach, then right-click and choose Send To | Mail Recipient.

If you're sending that many items, however, attaching them that way is not a very efficient way to transmit them. I'd probably recommend you send them all to a compressed folder first and then just attach the compressed folder as one item.

A

Annie1945

Thanksfor that. I am not sending lots of items but it is sometimes more convenient to send a folder this way. If I did need to compress, how do I do that and how does the recipient view the files? Do they need to uncompress?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

If you need to compress just select the items, right-click and choose Send To | Compressed Folder. It'll create a compressed folder (a .ZIP file) right there in the same folder. And you can just send that folder as an attachment.

On the other end the recipient(s) should just be able to open it on their machines; .ZIP is a pretty common format.

Status
Not open for further replies.