New-TestCASConnectivityUser.ps1 script not running at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MSEBlogger

Hi guys,

This is a really basic one, so hoping a relatively quick answer here...

Win 2008 R2 x64, E2010 SP1 Mailbox Servers, new install with everything working as expected, no DAG yet, just plain old mailbox servers. Default C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14 installation directory. DEP enabled only for Key Windows Services.

Launch EMS as Administrator. Change to the V14\Scripts directory and type " .\New-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1" and shell just moves back to command prompt again doing nothing. If I double click on the script within explorer, Powershell launches it, asks for the temp secure password and then runs with plenty of red and doesn't create the user.

Please wake me up as to what I'm missing here? Why won't this run from within EMS? Have searched the web but can't see any obvious hits. ScriptPolicy set to Unrestricted also.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

M

MSEBlogger

It runs too fast and then closes, so can't tell. How can I get this to run within a shell that's already open? Just can't seem to get it to run any other way...

Dragging it into a shell.. it doesn't run. Changing to the directory and typing script name.. it doesn't run. Any pointers here?
This script has run just fine on previous installations of Exchange 2007, and I'm thinking 2008 R2 may be the difference here..

M

MSEBlogger

In fact, changing to the scripts directory in EMS, and running " .\any_script_name.ps1" from the command line does nothing and just skips to the next prompt...

M

MSEBlogger

OK, prefixing the script with & allows the script to run... & .\New-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1
Problem solved via Technet.

Status
Not open for further replies.