Outlook Express 6 keeps asking me for my password on sending...

• Thread starter Mikey Stevey
  • Start date Views 1,374
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mikey Stevey

Outlook Express 6 keeps asking me for my password on sending...I retype it, it goes away and thinks about it (presumably authenticating) and comes back asking for it again. I can use web-based Hotmail without a problem with same password, and indeed OE6 worked fine yesterday but in the last few days occasionally stops working with this error. Is there a problem at MS ? Thanks.

M

Mikey Stevey

Hi Hal

Many thanks for your reply. I'll certainly keep this answer in my back pocket, but the daft thing is that the problem I get is intermittent, it happens every so often, then may be weeks again before it might happen again. So can't quite understand why a profile which is corrupted would not forever behave badly rather than only sometimes.

Best wishes,

Mike.

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Probably has nothing to do with a bad profile and everything to do with your Anti Virus application, if you have it setup to scan your email. Passwords that don't work are a common failure mode for a rogue email scanner. The other thing to consider is that, if this only happens sporadically, the email server at your ISP may be having problems.

Why You Don't Need Your Anti-Virus Program to Scan Your E-MailHal

Status
Not open for further replies.