Problems sending emails using Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keith A Wood

Was previously using Oulook in Office 2010 Beta running Windows 7. Have upgraded to Office 2010, and can no longer send emails from Outlook. Can receive emails from ISP (Freeserve) pop3 server, but get the message 'The server responded: 550 5.7.1 Message content' from the SMTP server.

No such problems using Windows Live Mail (that I'm using as back-up), so ISP suggests the problem is with Office 2010. Can you suggest anyhting please? It is driving me mad!

Thanks

Keith

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

That particular error usually means you've tripped a content filter somewhere. Do you have antivirus software scanning your outgoing e-mail? Does this happen on every message no matter how trivial the content?

K

Keith A Wood

It happens when i try to set up the new account in Outlook 2010. The pop3 server settings are accepted and the inbox starts to fill up, but then i get that message from the smtp server when the "test" message is sent by the Outlook email account set-up wizard. I cant get beyond that stage. Emails are scanned by AVG - defo inbound, not sure about outbound.

K

Keith A Wood

Have just tried to set up the email account again with the AVG email scanner switched off, and have suffered the same symptoms. ;0(

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Freeserve is just your ISP for e-mail, right? You get your bandwidth from somebody else? (Comcast? Qwest? Time Warner? Somebody like that?)

Can you use the SMTP server for your bandwidth provider to send out?

K

Keith A Wood

SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Switched the AVG email scanner to scan outgoing as well as incoming emails and it worked. YEEEHAAAAA!

C

CactusGirl

HI Ben,

Can you help me, too?

Here's the problem:

Office Version:Office 2010 Operating System:Windows 7Antivirus program:Microsoft Security Essentials

Here is the error I am getting in trying to receive email with Outlook 2010:

Task 'pop.west.cox.net - Receiving' reported error (0x80040154) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040154'

I called my ISP and they said it is a MS problem.

My husband also cannot receive his email; we have two accounts on same computer.

Please help!

Nancy in Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.