sending out messages marked private

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nubeginnings

How to I send out a message marked private - I believe there should be in the tool bar under options either sensitivity or private but am unable to locate....please help

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Click the Dialog Launcher on the Tags group of the Ribbon (it's that tiny arrow at the bottom right corner of the group) to pop up the Options dialog box that lets you set sensitivity.

You do realize that marking the message "Private", "Personal" or "Confidential" has absolutely no technical effect on the message, right? It just flags it so the recipient can see that. They can always choose to ignore it (or not notice the flag in the first place).

N

nubeginnings

Thank you for your response, I don't know how to get to dialog launcher and not sure of the lingo tags group of the ribbon?

do not see a tiny arrow to choose??

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Ah, sorry, Outlook 2007. With your message open Look at the Options group on the Ribbon. (Where the Follow Up, Permission, Importance...icons are). There's a tiny arrow icon at the bottom right of that group. Click it to open the dialog launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Rules and Alerts for New Messages BEFORE sending Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Warn before sending messages to the wrong email address New Slipstick.com Articles 1
B Sending duplicate text messages via Microsoft Outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 12
F Messages being sent to drafts after sending Using Outlook 4
G Outlook 2007 apparently sending messages which are not in the outbox Using Outlook 1
P Odd OWA Issue; Messages Sending as HTML Code Using Outlook 3
M 0x80070057 when sending/receiving Hotmail account messages in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
A Out of Office messages not sending to external recipients. Using Outlook 6
D Outbox locked in a cycle of sending messages. Using Outlook 2
K Messages not sending from outbox and show 'none' instead of date - Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 4
P I receive the following error when I am sending messages 'your imap server wants to alert you that it can not read attachement 185' the atta Using Outlook 4
W sending messages Using Outlook 1
L how to hold messages in outbox before sending Using Outlook 2
S Sending messages in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C I keep getting a message that my account settings need to be fixed, because my messages are not sending Using Outlook 2
S 0x800CCC69 Outlook Express This account is currently blocked from sending messages.__ Using Outlook 1
N Messages not showing in my outbox while sending Using Outlook 1
P This account is currently blocked from sending messages Using Outlook 1
C Delay Sending Messages option--Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
C Outlook cannot find signature when sending plain text messages Using Outlook 1
M EX2010 server giving 5.7.1 error to EX2003 accounts when sending messages to the Internet Exchange Server Administration 6
S Outlook error (0x80042109) while sending messages Using Outlook 11
A Sending Messages Without Sending Attachment to CC Recipients Using Outlook 7
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R Warn before sending message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
A Sending contact vcards sends older version instead of updated version Using Outlook 4
M McAllister Outlook stops Sending/Receiving/Synching after disconnecting remote desktop session Using Outlook 2
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
B When sending an email, I am showing 2 of my address's Using Outlook 1
M Auto expand Distribution List Before Sending Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Check for words in subject header before sending email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Run macro automatically at sending an email Using Outlook 11
W Sending To Wrong Account Using Outlook 15
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Help sending email but removing signature via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M MsgBox when not sending from specified account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Script to fetch data from mails in restricted collection and sending them to excel Using Outlook 1
R Sending emails via Outlook XP, from Windows 10 File Explorer Using Outlook 1
L Creating drafts when I thought I was sending Using Outlook 1
C address book "when sending email" bug? Using Outlook 0
H Custom autoforwarding, sending mail through outlook office 365 Using Outlook 1
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C replace subject line generated by converting a word document to PDF and sending it to an email Using Outlook 8
A Sending Emails Through Outlook From Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 365 sending intermittently Using Outlook 0
C How to avoid sending mail to the wrong contact person New Slipstick.com Articles 1