3rd party smtp engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

td711

Since moving to exchange 2010 I can no longer recieve email messages from other servers, such as my antivirus software, or payroll servers. I believe its any software with its own smtp engine. I am assuming that I need an entry somewhere on the exchange server to allow these servers to relay through the excahnge server. Any help would appreciated.

M

Mark Arnold [MVP]

Well, just because something sends does not really mean it has its own SMTP engine in the same way that receiving systems do. Exchange 2010 won't accept messages from anything unless you specifically let it. Go to your Receive Connectors and tell us what the settings are. Whilst you're replying you will want to tell us if the boxes are actually going to relay or whether they're just submitting to people inside your Exchange organization.

Receive Connectors: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996395.aspx

"td711" wrote in message news:10b236c0-a567-4717-b4d7-1484357f77ba...
Since moving to exchange 2010 I can no longer recieve email messages from other servers, such as my antivirus software, or payroll servers. I believe its any software with its own smtp engine. I am assuming that I need an entry somewhere on the exchange server to allow these servers to relay through the excahnge server. Any help would appreciated.Mark Arnold, Exchange MVP.

T

td711

Actually both. My anitivirus is for internal (IT department) and the payroll sendd to both internal and external users. (stubs)

M

Mark Arnold [MVP]

Yeah, so setting up the receive connector for the a/v is the easiest since you're not relaying. The link to the receive connectors does give you help on allowing the relay for payroll.

"td711" wrote in message news:04712431-f319-483b-a1c4-4daca296e3b5...
Actually both. My anitivirus is for internal (IT department) and the payroll sendd to both internal and external users. (stubs)Mark Arnold, Exchange MVP.

B

busbar

As Mark Said by default 3rd party applications cannot use Exchange 2007/2010 you need to configure a receive connector for it, here is a link for that

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/28/432013.aspx

Regards, Mahmoud Magdy Watch Arabic Level 300 Videos about Exchange 2010 here: http://vimeo.com/user3271816 Read pretty advanced Exchange stuff I post here: http://www.enowconsulting.com/ese/blog.asp, follow my blog: http://autodiscover.wordpress.com , corp blog: http://ingazat.wordpress.com and if you Liked my post please mark it as helpful and accept it as an answer

E

ExTech2010

Putting IP addresses of internal devices sending emails in allow list of antispam agent in the particular receive connector of each HT server should be enough to work.

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

To allow your programs relay off exchange 2010, you need to create a new receive connector for relay message:

1. Open EMC, expand to Server Configuration->Hub Transport. Create new receive connector.
2. In Network tab, under "receive mail from remote servers that have these IP address", add the IP address of the servers which need to send the message through exchange 2010.
3. In Authentication tab, only select the option "Externally Secured".

4. Restart Exchange transport service.

Then test to see if the issue persists.

T

td711

The directions above didnt work unfortunatly. Any other suggestions?

E

ExTech2010

Maybe you should activate logging in the receive connector to see what's going on, and to have a look in the antispam logs.

T

td711

Ther are a couple more steps that need to be added to gen lin's answer. You need to setp a connector with mailserver domain name and setp a couple of permissions, but it will get you started. Thanks for the help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M 3rd Party Certificate now Security Alert Exchange Server Administration 2
L Online 3rd party backup of Office 365 cloud New Slipstick.com Articles 5
L 3rd party tools to recover deleted Office 365 contacts etc Using Outlook 7
Commodore Access to contacts, calendar, tasks... from 3rd party applications Using Outlook 2
G Adding 3rd-Party Add-In to Home Ribbon in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
S Edge Transport 3rd party mail filter before Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
C Configuring automatic reply with an approved message attached to original received message that will be forward to a 3rd party Using Outlook 2
J Coexist Private SAN certificate with 3rd party verisign certificate together in same Exchange 2010 C Exchange Server Administration 6
H Importing Unread emails to a 3rd party Application - Civica Using Outlook 1
S After installing 3rd party Certificate for IIS , prompt warning for mapi clients the name on security certificate is invalid , Exchange Server Administration 3
O Integration with 3rd-party controls Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G 3rd email account shows 15 emails but nothing there? Using Outlook 2
L Setting up recurring meeting for every thursday except 3rd thursday Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2010-Calling Does not Work-3rd Request for Help Using Outlook 3
A Recurring for 1st & 3rd Wed Using Outlook 6
J Adding 3rd Mailbox server to DAG from a different domain in same forest Exchange Server Administration 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
F Outlook message has random colour symbols, like a party popper. Is this a virus? How do I get rid of it Using Outlook 1
D Third Party Browsers and OWA Exchange Server Administration 3
D i try to backup my pst with a third party software who says that the pst is locked.... Using Outlook 2
C Exchange 2010 and third party certificate Exchange Server Administration 5
R Re: Adminstrator wants to remove Third Party Addins from Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 2
O Third-party VSTO 2005 SE plug-in for Outlook 2007: what should I signwith a publisher certificate? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Exchange 2010 archiving vs third party Exchange Server Administration 12
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
T SMTP messages stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server and SMTP Servers New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Common Outlook Outgoing Server (SMTP) Errors New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S Outlook 2013 sends plain text with attachment mail as uuencoded with SMTP conn Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2013, McAfee Security Suite and SMTP/POP3 Using Outlook 3
E msg attachments lose their recipients "smtp" address Using Outlook 2
H Mailing List account needed with remote smtp auth facility Exchange Server Administration 3
K External Mtg Invitees have =SMTP: added to email address after mtg saved Using Outlook 5
C How to get SMTP out of email address when exporting contacts? Using Outlook 2
N Beginner - Setting SMTP settings/travelling Using Outlook 4
C Custom Form that allows a single SMTP header to be parsed to Field Chooser? Using Outlook 4
N cannot send emails-SMTP Ports not working for Hotmail Pop3 Using Outlook 3
D how can bounce email be captured in smtp server Exchange Server Administration 3
williamlambton Changing 'To' field in message lists to show SMTP address only. Using Outlook 2
S change smtp in exchange account Using Outlook 1
I Outlook on laptops with different ISP SMTP Using Outlook 3
O An unknown error has occurred.____Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net'__Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8007005 Using Outlook 3
S Internet Mail SMTP Connector Problem on Exchange 2010 after Migration Exchange Server Administration 2
A Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support Using Outlook 8
T smtp outgoing email server could not be connected Using Outlook 2
R Sending e-mail Outlook 2003(SMTP) using SSL and port 587 Using Outlook 4
S smtp error when password changed but works again with old password Using Outlook 1
K Email sends with no error, but no action on the SMTP server done, only authentization - for some of the outgoing addresses. Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 Exchange / SMTP: unable to send Using Outlook 2
S There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your syste Using Outlook 2