Problems designating Contacts folder as an email address book

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CKHMCK

I had Outlook 2007 (I have an MSN account) on a computer running XP Service Pack 3. I now have a new computer with Windows 7. I migrated my old Contacts file to the new computer. I can see the contacts. But when I tried to set the Contacts file as an e-mail address book, it would not let me. How can I make this happen. I show no current address book and followed the instructions to establish an address book, but it would not let me. Help me, please

R

Russ Valentine

You most likely migrated your data improperly and corrupted your Outlook profile. You'll have to tell us what you did so we can tell you how to fix it. Note that you should never use Windows Easy Transfer with Outlook. If you did, you'll need to create a new profile from scratch and use a correct method for migrating your data to it.Russ Valentine

C

CKHMCK

Russ:

A Microsoft technician took control of my computer and downloaded Outlook Connector since I have an msn email account then told me to export the contact file from my old computer which had Office 2007. The contact file was to be exported as a a .csv file, and then imported on the new computer via a flash drive. I did that and see my contact file, but I cannot designate the new contact file as an e-mail address book. Thanks.

R

Russ Valentine

You should never use export and import for tranferring Outlook data from one installation of Outlook to another, especially through non-Outlook file types.

What type of mail account are you using? Is hotmail the only mail account type you have in this profile?

Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.