Active Sync - Allow Contacts and Calendars but not Email to sync to phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slammers25

Is there a way to allow syncing of calendar and contacts to a phone but prevent email from syncing to phone? I see in the active sync policy you can choose "Limit email size to (KB). It seems to that if I put 0 in for the KB size it also blocks the syncing of contacts and calendar entires. I'm not sure if activesync sees that as an email too...

The reason why I'm asking this is because we have android users with 2.2 who would like to get their contacts and calendar entries on their phones. Since Android devices don't support encryption yet we can't allow them to get email due to compliance rules.

thanks,

Stephen

J

Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

Hi

AFAIK Activesync policy doesn't help you in this case

In this case you shouldn't allow them to sync at all, until the devices support encryption

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog

J

James-Luo

“Limit email size to” will limit the size of the message body that can be downloaded to the phone, but not prevent the message itself

Besides, even you set the value to “0”, there"s still a link in the bottom of the downloaded message, “Get the rest of this message (xxKB)” that can download the full message bodies

So, Jonas" right

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W active sync Using Outlook 2
E Using with Active Sync, Outlook become unresponsive Using Outlook 5
K publish exchange active sync behind TMG Exchange Server Administration 4
S Active Sync Device ID Using Outlook 2
P Ex2010 active sync Exchange Server Administration 4
R Hi, Is Outlook 2010 compatible thru active sync with Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. Using Outlook 4
F Active Sync proxying not works in a Exchange 2010/2007 Coexistence Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange 2010 - Active Sync issue - Samsung Galaxy S Exchange Server Administration 2
A CAS Proxying with Active Sync when migrate from Exchange 2007 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
V Restoring calender files that were deleted by Active sync Using Outlook 1
M Exchange 2010 Active Sync Device Recovery Password is not VISIBLE in OWA Exchange Server Administration 4
P Exchange 2010 SP1 and HTC Desire Active-Sync Exchange Server Administration 5
S Outlook isn't running, I can't get active sync to connect with my cell to transfer my information Using Outlook 2
A Exchange Active sync event id 3005 Using Outlook 4
Y How to configure the Active Sync on Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
O Active Sync and Sprint Evo Exchange Server Administration 3
Z Active SynC Issue in Exchange 2010 on CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 4
B one account is not getting email through active-sync Exchange Server Administration 2
J Can Android 2.1 or earlier sync with exchange server via active sync? Exchange Server Administration 3
Z Active Sync/ OMA issue with a single user Using Outlook 4
P Exchange 2010 Active Sync not secured Exchange Server Administration 2
D Publishing OWA, Active Sync, Outlook Anywhere. Exchange Server Administration 8
A Active sync problem - related to improper decomission of Exchange 2007 when migrating to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
G Error Active Sync in Exchange Server 2010 Exchange Server Administration 12
P Automate Outlook Start - No Active Explorer Object Found Using Outlook 10
S Active Directory Management Tools for Administrators New Slipstick.com Articles 0
G Problems with Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 0
Diane Poremsky Import Images into the Active Directory New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S How to send an OUTLOOK task to a contact out of my active directory? Using Outlook 2
E Outlook rule only active certain times of day Using Outlook 6
R HELP!!! Email template with active excel spreadsheet Using Outlook 1
C active/passive broadband connections to maintain various IT services Exchange Server Administration 2
R Went from outlook 2003 to 2010 - can't retrieve active for contacts Using Outlook 0
J Setup mail for Exchange 2010 through Active Directory on Server 2008 R2 Standard Exchange Server Administration 3
T Copied Contact Does Not Update With Active Directory Information Changes Immediately. How Do I Force Update? Using Outlook 1
B Re: Exchange OOF / EWS Problem - The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites Exchange Server Administration 0
M 'Send link by E-mail' doesn't provide active link.__ Using Outlook 1
J When a database move from active host in a DAG, user are prompted for credentials Exchange Server Administration 8
D Using Inbox as 'Active' tray, with both incoming and 'sent' mail, with senders and receivers displayed. Using Outlook 1
U Outlook 2010 Ignore Conversation Feature, list of Active Ignored Using Outlook 1
D how to give perrmission on calender to user in ACTIVE DIRECTORY Using Outlook 0
J OWA not working when active database moved Exchange Server Administration 3
S Web Links are not active when using Outlook Web Access 2007 Using Outlook 1
P How can I convert an Outlook 2010 folder to a .pdf with active links like I could in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 3
T The Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology service on server localhost can't be contacted via Exchange Server Administration 2
P Will 'ldap modify' command work on some Active Directory fields? Using Outlook 2
S Active Passive DAG seperate DNS namespace Exchange Server Administration 7
B Active Active Site Resilience Exchange Server Administration 3
E Event ID 9514 - Two objects in Active Directory have the same proxy address Exchange Server Administration 3
C Active Directory error applying Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 4