Outlook 2003 /Hotmail Live Connector sync --- DIED 36 hours ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ceebee22

YEsterday morning I sent a couple of large (5Mb) jpg files which failed to send. Eventually I deleted them from the Outbox of Outlook 2003. Since then Outlook gives me the chance to input my password and log in to the account, twice then reports it cannot connect.

I "repaired" Outlook and "repaired" Outlook Connector. No good.

I tried ScanOst.exe but it did not work. I get "Offline synchronisation is not supported for this mailbox."

I removed the Account and added it back. No good. Now I just get the status; Could not log in in the bottom right of Outlook

I removed Outlook Connector, downloaded the new version (14.0.5117.5000) and reinstalled. No good. Now I just get "Unable to expand the folder. The Set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists"

WHO CAN HELP?

N

Niranjan I K

To resolve the issue, try to manually remove Outlook connector, and then install the current Outlook connector version and then configure your email account.

To manually remove Microsoft Office Outlook Connector, do the following.

1. Search for and rename or delete:
c:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\1033\ for English)

msncon32.dll

mapisvc.inf (updated by the Outlook Connector installation)

In the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Outlook Connector

custsat.dll

msncon.cfg

msnconrc.dll

msnhelp.chm

msocp32.dll

msocprc.dll

olcstart.exe

2. Backup and delete the following keys if listed.
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems

that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee
that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Backup the registry using

-http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Back-up-the-registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Features\6FD534067D145D94C9B3313834E99
1D5
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\6FD534067D145D94C9B3313834E99
1D5
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MSNCON.Addin.1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MicrosoftOfficeOutlook Connector
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\SchedulingInformation\Shar
edCalendarSupport
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\MSNCON.Addin.1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-
5-18\Components\08049A038BDED1648BDEE295333FE41E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-
5-18\Products\6FD534067D145D94C9B3313834E991D5

3. Restart computer

Now, install outlook connector and verify the resolution.

C

ceebee22

Hi Niranjan. Thank you for the response.

I tired to follow your instructions:

I renamed:

msncon32.dll

mapisvc.inf

I did not have a directory,directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
and looked around the HD for these files but did not find anyway.

custsat.dll
msncon.cfg
msnconrc.dll
msnhelp.chm
msocp32.dll
msocprc.dll
olcstart.exe

I edited the registry and deleted those you sugested. I didn't find them all.

I restarted and reinstalled Outlook Connector but still Outlook shows a blak and gives the message I started with; "Unable to expand the folder. The Set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists"

I tired it and back to zero.

C

ceebee22

Sorry for all the typo's - I was falling alseep on the keyboard!

Result so far is that I still receive the error I started with.

Looking forward to further help.

C

C

ceebee22

I've been working on this continuously and something happened.

Amongst thousands of google searches I read:

[...]

h3. Uninstall Microsoft hotfixes

It seems that Outlook 2003 security fix “KB892843″:http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/...43-B041-4305-8442-3C4E3B832788&displaylang=en stops the connector from installing properly. Unless you remove it, you"ll get the error @”Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The server is not available.
Contact your administrator if this condition persists@. This hotfix is also included in some roll-up fixes, so I suggest youremove any and all Outlook related hotfixes. These hotfixes only affect the installation of the connector, so you can re-run Windows Update afterwards.

You can remove hotfixes from the Add/Remove program dialog – just make sure you have the @Show Updates@ checkbox ticked. The Outlook hotfixes will be listed under Microsoft Office.

h3. Install the connector" from url http://www.magpiebrain.com/2006/05/04/using-outlook-2003-to-read-lotus-notes-email/

from way back in 2006.

and thought I'd try it.

...and it worked. I also suspended all AVG Anti virus services

but now I get probelms with Windows update but I'm sure those will work though in time.

Either that of the mail account was "unfrozen" somewhere in the Microsoft/MSN/Live back end. Who knows.

C

ceebee22

I see I now have a "Sync Issues" folder with a subfolder "Local Failures" so maybe it was the Live Team or their machines at work.

Thanks to Sam Newman for his work in 2006 and Niranjan too.

C

Status
Not open for further replies.