Cannot Remove a POP3 Account

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jsquareg

I am running Outlook 2020 under W7 and have changed my email address. I still have my old address plus the new one. There are even older POP3's set up that I no longer want but I can't seem to remove them. When I right click on the accounts I do not get the the 'remove account name' entry on the right click menu. In addition, when I open Account Settings, the 'Remove' entry on the menu bar has no effect.

What can I do now to remove the old unwanted accounts from the navigation pane?

Thank you.

M

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

I presume you have tried using the Mail applet in Control panel to remove the accounts already? What happens if you remove them there, open Outlook and if they remain, right click and select "close?"

--

"jsquareg" wrote in message news:9889f8f8-afe2-488e-a8d2-9c3ac849ab80@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I am running Outlook 2020 under W7 and have changed my email address. I still have my old address plus the new one. There are even older POP3's set up that I no longer want but I can't seem to remove them. When I right click on the accounts I do not get the the 'remove account name' entry on the right click menu. In addition, when I open Account Settings, the 'Remove' entry on the menu bar has no effect.

What can I do now to remove the old unwanted accounts from the navigation pane?

Thank you.

J

jsquareg

I had completely forgotten about the Control Panel applet! Thank you very much. That did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.