I have added an Assign Task button to a cutom group in the Tasks Ribbon. When I click on it I get a

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

murf781

In the tasks section I have added a new group in the ribbon. In the group I placed the assign task button. This is for users to create tasks for others. When I click on the button I get the message " Could not open the item. Try again." If I click on the New Task button, create a task and then within that task, click on assign task, I can successfully assign a task. I have looked around the internet but have not found a solution.

R

Ruchi Bisht

Which version of Outlook do you have (Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007 etc...)?

How did you add a new group to the Ribbon?

Provide a brief description of the issue so that we can help you better.

Ruchi Bisht

M

murf781

I am using Office2010 Home and Business in WindowsXP Pro SP3. In the tasks section of Outlook, I right-click on the ribbon and choose " Customize the Ribbon" . I add a custom group uner the Main Tab. In that custom group I put the " Assign Task" button. The group and the button get added successfully, however when I then click on the button in the ribbon, It get the message " Could not open the item. Try again" . Any help you can give is much appreciated.

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Check if you"re facing the issue with all the tasks that you have got. Ensure to click on "Tasks" in the navigation pane as shown below. Now click on "Assign Task" option in the tab that you have created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Y i cannot assign service to the newly added EXCHANGE certificate? Exchange Server Administration 6
M Outlook 2013 Script Assistance - Save Opened Link with Subject Added Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S newly added shared mailboxes downloading 500GB data a day Exchange Server Administration 1
O Adding a new account - "CompanyL (none)" line is added Using Outlook 5
A added new calendar, now not syncing to windows phone Using Outlook 3
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R 2 email accounts, only 1 gets signatures added on new email. Using Outlook 1
Kristine RS box added in Favorites disappears Using Outlook 6
J DisablePST = 2 : Only Sharing-Exclusive PSTs can be added Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 client not showing newly added Contacts but... Using Outlook 5
S Check if two organisition is added then i have to give managers passward creteria to send mail Using Outlook 1
S Newly added user doesn't show up in GAL but available in OWA, Using Outlook 0
O BCM 13 added leads to an outlook 13 contact subfolder BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Commodore Suggested Contacts by last added Using Outlook 1
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
H Automatic excel data added to Certain Emails that are received Using Outlook 3
O "Int-" prefix added to sender's address Using Outlook 4
K External Mtg Invitees have =SMTP: added to email address after mtg saved Using Outlook 5
C extra characters added to email when exporting Using Outlook 2
W Line Breaks added to text file Using Outlook 5
N Removed & then added Hotmail account to Outlook. Now have multiple folders. How do I delete one? Using Outlook 4
V Extra mailto: tag added to external emails Using Outlook 1
K Item has already been added. Key in Dictionary: nnnnnnnn Key being added: nnnnnn Using Outlook 1
J Suddenly, I have 400 old Emails added to my inbox. I am using Aol with Microsoft Outlook 7. Using Outlook 1
J Added Exch 2010 to 2003 envir. Mail to ext contact get "Body type not supported by Remote Host" Exchange Server Administration 4
M Mysterious folders added in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
A UM user was not added to the speech grammar Exchange Server Administration 3
Y Additional line gets added while replying - Outlook 2003-2007 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2003 with Outlook Connector - added new account, unable to view any items in inbox, nor send from that account. Help please! Using Outlook 7
C Outlook Express 6 - Auto-Added Contacts are entered incorrectly Using Outlook 2
G Added mailbox then immediately deleted now AD entries are all gone!!! Exchange Server Administration 4
D Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 - some e-mails have [secured] added automatically Using Outlook 1
M Blank Events Were Added Using Outlook 1
G Duplicate Signature Added to Outlook 2003 Email Drafts Using Outlook 2
E Properties added to MailItem in ItemSend event visible to recipien Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Buttons are added multiple times in New Inspector window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H remove auto added signature macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Multiple Toolbars being added/Multiple Buttons being added to Mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F How to assign a task to a public task folder? Using Outlook 1
A How to assign the value returned by the regex execute function to a variable? Using Outlook 1
soadfan assign category (VBA) Using Outlook 7
Diane Poremsky Assign one task to several people New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Assign an Email Account to an Outlook Contact New Slipstick.com Articles 0
E for Mac: Assign Task not available!? Using Outlook 1
E Outlook VBA to print attached Pdf to a fax printer and assign fax number Using Outlook 0
A Assign a unique number to every message I send Using Outlook 0
Z assign unique number email Using Outlook 8