Emails are getting stuck in my outbox and it appears that I am not receiving new emails either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emansfield79

In the last 2 days when I try to send an email, it gets stuck in my outbox in Outlook 2007. It appears that this is only happening with some emails, not all, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the size of the email. I have tried opening these emails and resending them which has no effect. Also, when I click send/receive, the process takes much longer than usual. I also know that I have incoming emails that are not appearing in my inbox.

S

Sachin Shetty

Do you get any error message related to the issue?

Is the issue specific to particular contacts or all contacts?

Did you select the email address from the contacts saved in Outlook?

If yes then try to type the email address manually in the "To" field and then try to send the emails.

Note: before sending the emails, clear Outbox. If Outbox cannot be cleared, enable Work Offline using File > Work Offline. Undo the step one the Outbox is cleared.

C

CPWGoddess

I am having the same problem. My emails are getting stuck in my outbox. I do not get any error messages. I do not select email addresses from my contacts and I do type them manually, and the issue persists with any address, not a specific one.

I've experienced this issue about once a month for the past six months. I previously found an article on a MS forum that instructed the user to delete the account and add it back. As former software developer, I find that to be an abhorrent solution.

I have a lot of personal folders, and when I re-create the account, Outlook downloads all of the folders again from Hotmail, thereby creating a duplicate set of folders, which I then have to delete.

This did not happen with using POP3 to connect to Hotmail. If the software developers cannot fix the issue or the issue is of low priority, then revert to allowing users to connect to Hotmail with POP3.

I am using Outlook 2007 and running Vista Home edition with all SP's and updates for both. I am seriously considering ditching Hotmail because of this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Close Oulook after sending emails via vba without outbox getting stuck. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook 2010 Constantly Getting Stuck During Send/Receive of IMAP Account, Not Getting Emails Automa Using Outlook 13
M large emails stuck in outbox, receiver keeps getting the same email Using Outlook 1
J Emails getting stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Recipient of a forwared message getting multiple emails Using Outlook 2
L I am getting a 500 error message that I have exceded my limit on sending emails. Using Outlook 2
S Exchange 2010 Random Emails not getting to end users Exchange Server Administration 1
D getting error 0X80040600 when trying to send and receive emails in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
E Emails from different e-mail accounts are getting downloaded to same file Using Outlook 4
R Attachments getting stripped on forwarded emails to the internal and external users Exchange Server Administration 2
S Getting emails from Outlook 2003 in XP to Windows 7 Starter Using Outlook 3
A Not getting all emails in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
T I am trying to use Outlook 2000 for my e mails I can receive emails but not send I keep getting error massage unable to find WAB DLL for Windows Conta Using Outlook 1
E I cannot open my outlook getting an Installation Error:File not found How do I get it back without losing my emails and address book? Using Outlook 1
P i keep getting emails not all emails but some where the body of the email is blank please help me fix this Using Outlook 2
M I am having lots of trouble sending my emails out thru microsoft 2003 Getting error message and then they time out. If I got out of computer and the Using Outlook 1
L Why are my Windows mail emails not being delivered in a timely maner, but some are 4-8 months late getting to recipient? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2007 - still getting 'blocked' emails. Using Outlook 1
T getting duplicate emails in hotmail Using Outlook 4
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 1
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Group of emails Using Outlook 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
P Flagging emails in conversations Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
M Filter Conversations - Filter Out Single Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F not receiving emails until i re-login Using Outlook 2
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Record opened emails for reopening later Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Deleting emails from storage folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
DoctorJellybean Outlook 365 doesn't always mark emails as read Using Outlook 3
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
A Custom VBA to sort emails into folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S How can I delete all copies of a given companies logo graphic from all my emails at once? Using Outlook 3
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
L Time format in Outlook calendar and emails Using Outlook 0