problem with email attachment on Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AmiiB

Using MS Outlook- Problem when i receive an email with an attachment, i click on the paper clip but nothing happens, the attachment doesnt open and the paper clip disappears so i cannot click to open the attachment again. I have closed Outlook and re-opened but the paper clip and attachment are still not there. No error messages.

Using Windows XP.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

If you double-click to open the message can you open the attachment from there?

A

AmiiB

No i can't.

I don't even get the option to save elsewhere and then maybe i could try to open the attachment from, desktop, for instance.

I should also mention that the attachment itself disappears, when the email is open.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

What anti-virus software are you using? What kind of attachments are these?

V

Vinay - G

There are two possibilities for the attachment to get disappeared:

1: The integration of the antivirus on the incoming and outgoing emails which scans and removes attachments that it considers harmful.

2: The attachment are treated as potentially unsafe by outlook and removed for security reasons. To know more about that refer the article below:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829982

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 2
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 1
N Exchange 2007 SP2 Email Item attachment missing problem Using Outlook 15
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Changed my "From" email address creates problem with previously saved contacts Using Outlook 20
D problem opening email archives Using Outlook 3
D I am having the problem that Outlook 2010 is checking for email via send /receive approximately every thirty seconds. Using Outlook 2
J Problem using drag and drop to attach an html email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 18
D EMAIL BLOCKING PROBLEM Using Outlook 2
M Problem Setting up POP Email Exchange Server Administration 2
J TROUBLE SENDING EMAIL FROM OUTLOOK, NO PROBLEM RECIEVING WHEN WORKING FROM OUT OF TOWN Using Outlook 1
F Problem with Email migrating unexpectedly to Outlook__ Using Outlook 3
S There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your syste Using Outlook 2
W Cannot send email using Outlook (MailTo problem) Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 Email Send/Receive error: The operation failed due a registry or registration problem Using Outlook 3
R Microsoft Outlook Email Problem Using Outlook 2
B Email Problem Using Outlook 1
B Outlook Email Problem Using Outlook 1
B Unable to setup email account problem with outlook Using Outlook 2
J Problem with Group remembering OLD Email Address for a Member Using Outlook 1
A Problem with outlook email - Error message: 'This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer...' Using Outlook 2
P Very weird problem with Outlook sending to wrong Email Using Outlook 1
M I have a BIG problem. My Outlook 2010 will not set up an email account. Using Outlook 2
J can't find scanpst.exe to fix email problem Using Outlook 2
L Problem setting up Outlook Email 2010 Using Outlook 1
N Problem in Forwarding Email Using Outlook 5
J Shrink to fit problem in email replies Using Outlook 2
S 2003 > 2010 Transistion - Problem with Default Email Address Policy Exchange Server Administration 2
M Outlook 2007 sending email problem Using Outlook 2
O Email printing problem----Printing selection Using Outlook 3
T I do recieve my email with no problem, but for some reason the email will not send. The email will go into the outbox, but will not release the email Using Outlook 1
B outlook is preventing out going comcast email for potentially problem attachment__ Using Outlook 2
N Re: Email Merge problem Using Outlook 3
C Email Printing Problem Using Outlook 1
N Exchange 2010/2007 co existence recieving email problem Exchange Server Administration 6
S Problem with getting the 'Enter Password Screen' when trying to use live.com email in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
B outlook pro 2010 Indexing email problem Using Outlook 3
A Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. - had computer and email address for years without a problem- this just occured Using Outlook 2
M I am not getting the same speed on sendin and receiving email what can this cost this problem, how can I reset it? Thanks a lot for your help. Using Outlook 2
R Microsoft Outlook 2003 is hanging up today on sending and receiving on both computers, locks up outlook. No problem with the internet, I use AOL email Using Outlook 1
J Send Email Folder Problem Using Outlook 1
M Problem with deleting an email in the outbox Using Outlook 1
P I have the same problem with sending email to specific people Using Outlook 2
J cannot start microsoft office outlook. cannot open the outlook window. - had computer and email address for years without a problem- this just occure Using Outlook 5
H Problem sending email from Outlook 2003. Using Outlook 0
S Intermittent sending of email problem, restart of Outlook clears issue. Using Outlook 5
B when I try to move an email to a file it gives me the following: the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists please re Using Outlook 2
O Problem with content of the email generated by scheduling a meeting. Using Outlook 25
Y Outlook 2007 email problem. Getting 554 message refused Using Outlook 41
T Add-in problem: Process All Marked Header doesn't display email bodies Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5