Free/Busy not display subject,location information

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jhayes92154

Hi,

I have my user mailboxes configured with full permissions for Domain admins. Basically Domain admins can open mailboxes and can view detailed calendar information while creating meetings with scheduling assistant.

I noticed that new user mailboxes are not displaying their subject/location information in scheduling assistant. I have a DB with user mailboxes and I can see free/busy subject/location for most users, except for ones that have been created in the last few months. I am running Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 and recently applied Exchange SP2. Not sure if it's SP2 that caused this. For new users all I see is the busy filled bar.

I can open the shared calendar for the users in question and look at the appointments detailed information, but it just won't do it in scheduling assistant.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

JJ

Any ideas?

J

JJSD

I should add that I also introduced a 2010 Exchange DAG. However, I still haven't migrated any mailboxes to the DAG.

Thanks,

J

JJSD

Manu,

I don't have a problem seeing free/busy information. The availability server does show the availability for each user. However, as I stated above I can not read the meeting information for the invitees of the meeting. I see a solid purple line when they have meetings. I want to be able to see the subject and meeting location as well. I am able to do it for 90% of my user mailboxes. The problem happens for mailboxes created in the past tow months or so.

P

Pano Boschung

Hi

It looks like you only have the permission to see " Free/Busy time" .
To be able to see subject and location as well, you have to set the permission " Free/Busy time, subject, location" on each of those calendars.

Regards
Pano

Pano Boschung, PageUp AG

J

JJSD

Pano,

You are correct, but this applies to normal users.

In my case I gave domain admins permissions to send-As which allows domain admins to view subject and location. Like I mentioned, it used to work fine, it just stop working for new users as of a couple months ago.

P

Pano Boschung

How exactly did you gave send-as permissions to the domain admins?

Regards
Pano

Pano Boschung, PageUp AG

P

Pano Boschung

Sorry I was on vacation.

Did you check if the permissions are still ok and if Domain Admins have Send-As permissions on the new user objects?

Pano Boschung, PageUp AG

J

JJSD

Yes they are. I even removed them and readded them. I also compared the permissions to users who I can see, but I don't see a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Free/busy publish at http location does not work Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2016 Free/Busy settings ignored Using Outlook 0
R Outlook calendar appointments Free/Busy time is changing from "Busy" to "Free" Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Change the All Day Event Default Free/Busy to "Busy" New Slipstick.com Articles 3
A export free / busy from exchange Exchange Server Administration 0
M print free/busy schedule of an user Using Outlook 2
S Is Free/Busy supposed to work in Outlook 2013 not connected to Exchange? Using Outlook 14
S edits to free/busy fielddon't show up in meeting requests Using Outlook 2
J Exchange 2010 free/busy shows hashmarks in scheduling tab when not organizer Exchange Server Administration 6
P Appearance (Width) of Calendar Appointment "Show as (Free/Busy/etc)" Indicator Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003: Meeting Organizer will be set as always free or busy status Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2003 free busy vfb file creation problem Using Outlook 12
S You’ve received Free/Busy information from this user Message Using Outlook 10
R Error message "Cannot save free/busy information" when changing or deleting appointments in Outlook. Using Outlook 4
J Legacy SCHEDULE + FREE BUSY system PFs leftover after complete migration Exchange Server Administration 1
J Cross AD Site Free Busy / Availability Issue Exchange Server Administration 3
L Exchange 2003 to 2010 Migration - Public Folder Replication Failed - Busy/Free Issue Exchange Server Administration 8
K Outlook: Can not save free / busy information error message Using Outlook 2
P outlook 2003 Free Busy and public folde replica move Exchange Server Administration 10
S Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine server. The error number Using Outlook 2
J We want to hide all calendar appointment details and only show free/busy times. Using Outlook 9
S Ghost Meeting showing up in Resource Room Free/Busy - Declining New Meeting Requests Exchange Server Administration 3
W Outlook 2010 Free/Busy Data not updated\viewable - Exchange 2003 SP2 Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2010 & 2007 Free/Busy Using Outlook 3
B GAL and Free/busy Sharing between Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 1
I Outlook 2010: Appointments not visible in shared calendar if free/busy is set to Free. Using Outlook 2
B Free/Busy not available after January 1, 2011 Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2003 Free/Busy issues after migrating to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
F Exchange 2007 Free Busy issues. Using Outlook 21
E No free/busy info could be retrieved via RPC, works with VPN Exchange Server Administration 4
A A user can't see other users' free/busy information in Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 1
R Exchange 2010 view entire calendar as free/busy Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 Calendare Free/busy required permissions Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exch 2010, Outlook 2010 or 2007 cannot retreive free/busy schedule Exchange Server Administration 2
R how to configure outlook 2007 clients to publish free busy info to public folder in exchange 2010 (s Exchange Server Administration 3
M Exchange 2010 cannot see free/busy for Exchange 2003 mailboxes Exchange Server Administration 15
E event id - 14031 : unable to find free busy public folder store in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
B Free/Busy - outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
M Out Of Office and Free/Busy no longer work Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2003 - free/busy cal after 1/1/2008 Using Outlook 13
W "Unable to Clean free/busy information on the server" Using Outlook 2
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Limiting text length in free text field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Get Outlook on your phone for free - web page pop up Using Outlook 8
W FYI: CodeTwo Sync for iCloud is FREE now! Using Outlook 0
V [FREE OUTLOOK ADDONS] Outlook Freeware! Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2007 forms: Check boxes and free text boxes not retaining data Using Outlook 1
G Synchronize outlook contacts and calendar with other pc for free Using Outlook 4
C ClamAgent free antivirus for exchange help with JS in Powershell 2.0 Exchange Server Administration 1
W unable to load free personal data Using Outlook 1