Unable to open pst file Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WisDoc

I am new to Outlook 2010 and archiving files. I selected " Mailbox Cleanup" and then Archive. I then clicked on a folder that contained dozens of old emails from my hotmail account. A file called karen.pst 6.2MB was created. However, when I attempt to open that file using Outlook, it says there are no items to view. Now when I log into my hotmail account, those files that I selected to be archived are not available, so it seems the emails are archived. Why can't I open up the pst file that was created? How do I get access to the emails I supposedly archived? I've spent hours trying to figure this out and my head hurts - help!

N

Niyamath Khan

Do you see the archive (karen.pst) in the navigation pane?

Click on File > Mailbox Cleanup > Archive > at the bottom of the window you will find "Archive file" in which the location of archive file would be mentioned.

Verify if it is the same file which you are trying to open in Outlook?

Open Outlook > Click on File > Open > Open Outlook data file > browse to the location of archive PST file and then try to open it.

W

WisDoc

Thank you. Yes, that was the problem. I didn't realize it would be at the very bottom on the navigation panel - I just didn't scroll down far enough:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Unable to open Outlook. Error: Error have been detected in the files c:user\my name\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. quit outlook and mai Using Outlook 1
W Unable to open pst file Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
S Unable to Import PST or Open PST file Using Outlook 12
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
G Outlook calendar entry corrupted. Constant pop up when you open outlook. Unable to delete or remove. Using Outlook 2
T Unable to open msg files in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 11
B unable to open signed emails Using Outlook 1
A Exception message: MapiExceptionLogonFailed: Unable to open message store Exchange Server Administration 1
D Unable to open hotmail, error hotmail.ost is not an offline folder file Using Outlook 3
A Unable to open BCM 2003 Using Outlook 1
I unable to open up web links that are inserted in emails Using Outlook 3
B Unable to open links in email Using Outlook 1
N Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu Using Outlook 1
C I am unable to open web links in my Outlook mail. I get an error message that states: This function Using Outlook 1
J The connection to the Microsoft Server is unavailable. Unable to open your default mail settings...t Using Outlook 1
S Unable to open old encrypted emails under a new Windows profile Using Outlook 8
R Unable to open/preview attachments in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
J .TIF Attachments will not open. Error: "Unable ot open document. If this is a Web document, check y Using Outlook 3
C Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Exchange Server Administration 4
Z Unable to open your default e-mail folders Using Outlook 6
F Unable to open microsoft outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R Get an error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable Unable to open the Outlook win Using Outlook 5
W unable to open Outlook Using Outlook 3
K Unable to open attachments in Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
A Unable to open emails with Macros in attachment Using Outlook 4
S unable to open outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
M Sending Word Docs that others are unable to open... Using Outlook 2
M unable to open PDF or (http, www or utube) link attachment to outlook messages because of ' RESTRICT Using Outlook 1
Y Unable to open your default email folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2010 : unable to open attachments Using Outlook 1
R Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. __ Using Outlook 1
L Outlook : Unable to open jpg files Using Outlook 2
O Unable to open Outlook 'MS outlook has stopped working' Using Outlook 2
V I am unable to open links all of the sudden Using Outlook 1
R Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and Using Outlook 2
R Unable to open outlook with out a PC restart. Then I have to go into tools, repair, before I can get emails. Using Outlook 1
2 Just downloaded update for Windows Live Mail - 2011. I am receiving emails, but am unable to open them. Using Outlook 1
D Unable to open Hyperlinks in email. Error: the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in e Using Outlook 1
F unable to open the signature tab in office 2007 Using Outlook 1
J UNable to open some tools under EMC Exchange Server Administration 2
P Unable to open Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
L Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\LeannJane Using Outlook 1
T Unable to open outlook a second time unless I reboot computer. Running XP and microsoft 2007 Using Outlook 6
W Unable to open Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
N Unable to Open Hyperlinks in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
S 'Unable to open your default e-mail folders' appearing after Office 2010 upgrade Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2010 unable to open without connecting online. Kept popping up the General Tab to ask me fil Using Outlook 8
A My outlook says an error occured while attempting to open the windows address book. unable to find w Using Outlook 3
C Unable to open attachment in OWA while same attachment can be open from Outlook Using Outlook 5
P error message oxc00000a5 unable to open application. Using Outlook 1