Keyboard types numbers and symbols following two actions: num lock key held and then released and a

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crossidmag

I have Outlook 2007, I have have been randomly having problems with my keyboard typing numbers (01234...in consecutive order) after I attach a Word Document or when I hit Num Lock and then, release num lock. For the first instance, the numbers would type on the address lines and in the body, and I would usually fix the problem by starting a new email and then i can type again normally on my keyboard. Sometimes, it won't work and the number typing would continue even when starting a new email. I have done virus checks and restarted and the problem just seems to occur randomly. From reading various online solutions sites, I have also done the press the shift button for five seconds fix and sometimes it will fix it, sometimes it won't. I have tried working without the wireless keyboard and it still randomly happens. This has been happening for a few weeks now and although i can sort of do a workaround, it is still very annoying. Can someone share any better solution for this problem?

Thanks,Crossidmag

N

Niranjan I K

Create a new profile for outlook and then check if it resolves your issue. Click here for information on creating Outlook profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Keyboard Remapper no longer works in Outlook Using Outlook 1
D font control by keyboard Using Outlook 2
R Toggle the Reading Pane using Keyboard Shortcut Using Outlook 0
M Mark Complete keyboard shortcut... on a mac running Windows Bootcamp Using Outlook 0
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
I jump to body in open message with one keyboard shortcut? Using Outlook 3
T Column Header Keyboard Shortcut Available? Using Outlook 5
W keyboard shortcut to open Outlook... ? Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2007 Keyboard Shortcuts Using Outlook 8
R Custom Keyboard Shortcuts for 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why don't my send button will not send mail from keyboard? Using Outlook 10
W Losing keyboard fuctions Using Outlook 2
N I use the keyboard to delete emails and every so often the focus changes to the reminders window and I delete reminders by mistake Using Outlook 1
T Periodic display of window 'Enter Network Password' that affects keyboard use Using Outlook 1
E Project Management - Adding Folders for Different Folder Types Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
N Syncing my inbox not working for certain types of mail Using Outlook 9
R Outlook 2013 VB rule to auto save attachments with different file types Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Syncing multiple types of Outlook accounts across various devices/systems. Using Outlook 3
J How to create fields that will use the same value on different record types BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T issue/ base and user defined contact types BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Log all types of connection to a mailbox Using Outlook 2
H Better way of writing Macro? Identify multiple types of attachmen Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R How to create a new form showing all types Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Week numbers for the month in outlook Using Outlook 1
M How does Outlook determine item numbers in a folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Make the Address Book show only e-mail addresses, not fax numbers New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook for Mac Version Numbers New Slipstick.com Articles 0
A phone numbers fields in BCM are not correct BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
N Eliminate the +1 before all numbers Using Outlook 1
wallisellener Contact Phone Numbers layout BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
I Outlook 2013 - address book showing FAX numbers - How to only show email? Using Outlook 4
J Outlook Contacts: How to filter contact phone numbers from a cti request Using Outlook 1
Commodore Auto-formatting of certain phone numbers Using Outlook 2
A Help with random numbers in autocomplete emails Exchange Server Administration 3
C Outlook 2010 removes + from mobile numbers Using Outlook 3
B Address Book without fax numbers Using Outlook 1
P VBA Macro for formatting multiple phone numbers in outlook contacts Using Outlook 1
E Week numbers in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
X Are there any limits to Address List Recipient Numbers Exchange Server Administration 6
I Inconsistency with Outlook message numbers Using Outlook 3
J pemissions to update titles and phone numbers in the GAL for Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
B Outlook 2010 fax numbers showing in email "To" (Address Book) Using Outlook 1
T Need to build contact lists (put name / address / phone & fax numbers / pertinent info about contact & company), make notes (what spoke about Using Outlook 2
J After Applying Exchange 2010 Sp1 Rollup the Build numbers in EMC remain unchanged 14.1.218.15 Exchange Server Administration 1
T Searching for numbers does not always work. Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2003 contact - not all phone numbers synchronized into Outlook Using Outlook 4
R Address book to show contacts with no email address or fax numbers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Contact Forms Phone Numbers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S How do i group the mails based on the numbers in the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T sequential project numbers in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2