• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

get following error "Businss contact manager for Outlook could not complete your last action or acti

D

Davet322

if this is wrong forum for this post please let me know

Power failure last sunday caused this error to start showing up on two computers.

database on remote machine

log on to another machine with same user name and all auto-links occur and e-mail auto link does not get error

I have uninstalled outlook 2003

microsoft office outlook 2003 with business contanct manager update, microsof office small businss connectivty components.

then reinstall outlook 2003, sp3, bmc 2 , bcm sp4

problem still exist.

question: what do I have to uninstall/reinstall to fix problem?????

here is log file I got from enabling logging for business contact manager.

I added some blank lines that seem to indicate errors in log

http://home.comcast.net/~david.junk.mail/BCMLogV2.txt

David Talmage

S

Surya Prasad Vemulapalli

Try removing the database and re-connecting back to the shared data base and check if it helps.

D

Davet322

not sure what you are telling me to do?

I know how to create and connect to new local database and then back to shared database?

Not sure what database I should remove and from what computer.

What tool do I use to remove the database. Menu selections?

Local computer name = adsi-lap2, database on computer melliot1,

I can remove the data base engine from adsi-lap2 and then reinstall bcm update sp4.

David Talmage

D

Davet322

I created a new database locally and then reconnected to shared database.

problem persists. Any other solutions?

David Talmage

S

Surya Prasad Vemulapalli

What is the size of the shared database>?

Are all the updates installed for BCM on shared data base?

D

Davet322

Not sure how to get size of database so from outlook i did a properties of the business contact manager, then clicked on folder size.

total 210008 kb

accounts 14808 kb

business contacts 18952 kb

business history 162616 kb

deleted items 8720 kb

oppertunities 4912 kb

bcm 2 with serivce pack 4 is running on a windows 7 os machine

It works correctly for same user logged onto another machine so I did not think that database computer was involved in the problem.

David Talmage

D

Davet322

Inbox repair only repairs ost and pst files.

I rebuilt the ost file from scratch

I don't have a pst file as we are using exchange.

David Talmage

R

Rorcus

I have the exact same issue with one of my clients, only appears to be his PC, others in the office work fine and if I use his login and exchange mailbox on another Pc it's ok. I've discovered it appears to be linked to exchange as I can create a profile with just a pop account or connect to his mail box via IMAP instead of exchange BCM works fine again, as soon as I add any exchange account auto-link/link to record stops working. I know it's not the remote database PC as I can create a new BCM database local to the workstation and it gets the same result.

At the moment I've switched this one workstation to IMAP so he can use auto-link until a solution is found.

1231West

Hi,

I too have just recently been recieving this error! Driving me nuts, is it something to do with the SQL server?

I have unistalled BCM and outlook and have reinstalled. I have 3 pc's using this, and it is happening on all 3. I have tried recreating the database, repairing the pst, but still no luck.

This happened as of September 19th for me, and since then no autologging of emails, and autolink will not work!

Thanks!

G

guitarhero1

Hi,

I have the same problem after a distribution service update on the 16th September. Anyone found a solution to this. I have also reinstalled office and all service packs but still autolink button brings up error and auto email linking not working. I am using a hosted exchange mailbox.

If someone has resolved this please could they post a solution. Even nicer would be an answer from microsoft.

Thanks

So far if i create another profile with no email account the email autolink button works. I then created another profile with the hosted exchange account and the email autolink button stopped working.

1231West

^^^ I too am using a hosted excahgne mailbox. And it was very close to the 16th where I started noticing this problem. Can someone from Microsoft offer us an explanation? I called the tech line and they said it was going to cost me $250 and that they would fix the problem......

M

midflajim

Re: get following error "Business contact manager for Outlook could not complete your last action or actions. Please try again." when clicking on e-mail auto-link. preconfigure auto links do not work, link to record does not work

I have same problems same date Sept 16th. Has anyone found a solution?

D

Davet322

Re: get following error "Business contact manager for Outlook could not complete your last action or actions. Please try again." when clicking on e-mail auto-link. preconfigure auto links do not work, link to record does not work

does anyone at microsoft want to respond to this problem.

see also cross post at

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/thread/ab5b21a6-e3fe-4601-ac30-cc3a8bcad078?prof=required

I assume if the rebuild computer it will work but that seems a bit excessive.

David Talmage

D

Davet322

dpv2010 proposes this answer in cross linked forum

Check to see if you have update installed Security UPdate for Outlook (KB2293428) and remove it.

I did this on two computers displaying the problem and it seems to work.

Thank you dpv2010

Here are instruction for uninstalling update

exit outlook

click on control panel

click on add/remove program

check show updates

find number in list of update applied to microsfot outlook 2003

click remove

David Talmage

G

guitarhero1

Well done David for hanging in there.

I made the big mistake of allowing microsoft to take control of the PC to sort out the problem. They reinstalled outlook, BCM and SQL Express 2005 4 times over 2 solid days and finally fixed the issue but left me with a corrupt database. I have now spent hundreds of pounds on upgrading the PC's to office 2010 and the migrating will not complete due to the corrupt database. The databse is still accessible in BCM 2003 but microsoft cant do anything with it. So they say.

Cant wait for Android for PC's, that should put an end to what microsoft are allowed to get away with.

Microsoft if you arent listen, which is usually the case, well done!

S

Sunny_MS

Hi....

Can you please install update http://support.microsoft.com/KB/2449798 and test the issue. I had a similar issue, which we resolved by installing above marked update.

Regards,

Sunny