After uninstalling and reinstalling I don't want outlook 2007 to try to reload my original .pst

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

booktrak

There seeems to be some name stored by Outlook which it retrieves after being reinstalled and I hope someone knows where it's stored. I want to eliminate the original .pst file and start completely new. I moved the outlook backup and .pst files from C;/Users/appdata/... to another drive before reinstalling, so of course, Outlook can't find them and I don't want it to, but it keeps insisting that I browse and find them because it has the name hidden somewhere else that it can look up on starting up. Consequently, I can't get past this dialog box.

S

Steven Moede

Use the mail applet in the control panel to delete any existing mail profiles.

"booktrak" wrote in message news:b1cdd175-4b26-4985-887d-e155d30e6e0e@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

There seeems to be some name stored by Outlook which it retrieves after being reinstalled and I hope someone knows where it's stored. I want to eliminate the original .pst file and start completely new. I moved the outlook backup and .pst files from C;/Users/appdata/... to another drive before reinstalling, so of course, Outlook can't find them and I don't want it to, but it keeps insisting that I browse and find them because it has the name hidden somewhere else that it can look up on starting up. Consequently, I can't get past this dialog box.

Status
Not open for further replies.