Room button in Outlook 2007 / 2010 shows GAL instead of All Rooms addresslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter De Tender

Hello there,

For some reason, the " Room" button in Outlook 2007/2010 shows the GAL instead of the filtered " All Rooms" address list. When selecting the " all rooms" manually, the meeting rooms are visible correctly. I just lost this " automatic link" between the button and the rooms address list.

How could I restore this functionality?

Cheers, Peter

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Peter,

Which version of Exchange server do you use? Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010?

Do all the users have the same issue?

Frank Wang

P

Peter De Tender

Hello,

The Exchange server version is 2007 SP2, all users (mixed Outlook 2007 / 2010) have the same issue.

Cheers, Peter

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Peter,

Is there a chance you deleted the " All rooms" Address Lists in the EMC and created a new one?

Please run the cmdlet Get-OrganizationConfig | fl ResourceAddressLists and post the results here.

And run ADSIEDIT.MSC:

CN=Organization name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

Right click the CN=Organization name, choose Properties, check the value of msExchResourceAddressLists .

The value should be:

CN=All Rooms,CN=All Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=Organization name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

Frank Wang

P

Peter De Tender

Frank,

The thing is I can still see the " All Rooms" Address list in both EMC and Outlook Address Book window. When manually selecting it, it correctly shows the details of the address list correctly.

The only annoyance is that - when the user clicks on the button " Add Room..." in the meeting invite window, the Address Book shows up, but instead of showing directly only the meeting room list, it shows the GAL.

Below is the output of the requested information:

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>Get-OrganizationConfig | fl ResourceAddressLists
ResourceAddressLists : {All Rooms}

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>

I also checked the ADSIEDIT config, and it shows exactly what you referred to.

Kind regards, Peter

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Peter,

The outputs you got are correct.

Did you also check whether the " Add Rooms..." in Scheduling Assistant links to GAL as well?

If yes, I would suggest you delete the " All Rooms" in EMC, then create a new one(same name is better).

If the ResourceAddressLists is not {All Rooms}, you should edit the msExchResourceAddressLists.

Frank Wang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Add room button missing when create meeting requset Using Outlook 1
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
D Office365 Conference Room name change? Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Close a Meeting When the Room is Full New Slipstick.com Articles 0
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
S Meeting room booking report Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Not enough room in Favorites Using Outlook 1
R Room Finder not appearing Using Outlook 2
F Room Mailbox Reply Exchange Server Administration 0
L Room mailboxes and delegates Exchange Server Administration 1
P Viewing Meeting Organizer on room Mailbox Using Outlook 1
R Creating a Room Mailbox with Exchange Online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Room mailbox and replies Exchange Server Administration 0
F Can I create a form associated with Room List Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Mr Mayor Room Finder...GONE?? Using Outlook 6
s7evie combine 24 meeting room calendars in to 1 single list Using Outlook 2
D Setting defult "Show a room list" Using Outlook 0
Britonius Admin cannot view full room calendar permissions Using Outlook 8
M Room Reservation request showed "None" in Tracking-View Tracking Status. Exchange Server Administration 0
J outlook problem it allow to book meeting room at the same day & time Using Outlook 0
B Multi Room (10) Calandar Using Outlook 1
B Sorting suggested times in room finder Using Outlook 1
J meeting room mailboxes Using Outlook 1
T Resource room not sending notfications when meetings are scheduled from Outlook Using Outlook 3
G Access room/equipment mailboxes in cached mode Exchange Server Administration 5
S Ghost Meeting showing up in Resource Room Free/Busy - Declining New Meeting Requests Exchange Server Administration 3
N Room List Not Working Exchange Server Administration 8
A Exchange 2010 Room Mailbox Policy Not Applying Correctly Exchange Server Administration 1
S Room Mailbox - could not be updated Exchange Server Administration 3
T Booking room OWA OK, Outlook not Exchange Server Administration 6
N Room List / Finders Issue Exchange Server Administration 2
B Scheduling a Meeting Resource (Room) with a conflict doesn't indicate any conflict on users calendar in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
A Auto accept room invitations from external users Exchange Server Administration 3
T What permissions needs for booking room in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
S Room Finder available Room list is empty Exchange Server Administration 1
T Re: What permissions needs for booking room in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
J Resource mailbox for conf room Using Outlook 5
V Outlook 2010 always books room tentatively - Exchange 2007 SP3 Using Outlook 1
D Conference Room Owners cannot view the meeting details. Exchange Server Administration 2
L Meeting Room calendar permissions? Using Outlook 7
L How can I use MSOutlook 2010 for Conference Room Scheduling? Using Outlook 3
L Meeting room mailbox calendars & view just meeting attendees and not the subject for the meeting Using Outlook 1
D Undeliverable message reqarding Room resource when creating a meeting Using Outlook 1
B two users double book meeting room but no conflict message sent to the user Using Outlook 1
L How do I set up a meeting room in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
V NOT ABLE TO BOOK SHARED CALEDER (CONF ROOM) Exchange Server Administration 1
S Room Finder list is empty Exchange Server Administration 3
K Is there a difference between inviting a meeting room as a resource or a participant? Using Outlook 1
K Room scheduling Using Outlook 5
L Meeting Room Reservations Security Using Outlook 1