Room button in Outlook 2007 / 2010 shows GAL instead of All Rooms addresslist

• Thread starter Peter De Tender
  • Start date Views 2,805
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter De Tender

Hello there,

For some reason, the " Room" button in Outlook 2007/2010 shows the GAL instead of the filtered " All Rooms" address list. When selecting the " all rooms" manually, the meeting rooms are visible correctly. I just lost this " automatic link" between the button and the rooms address list.

How could I restore this functionality?

Cheers, Peter

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Peter,

Which version of Exchange server do you use? Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010?

Do all the users have the same issue?

Frank Wang

P

Peter De Tender

Hello,

The Exchange server version is 2007 SP2, all users (mixed Outlook 2007 / 2010) have the same issue.

Cheers, Peter

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Peter,

Is there a chance you deleted the " All rooms" Address Lists in the EMC and created a new one?

Please run the cmdlet Get-OrganizationConfig | fl ResourceAddressLists and post the results here.

And run ADSIEDIT.MSC:

CN=Organization name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

Right click the CN=Organization name, choose Properties, check the value of msExchResourceAddressLists .

The value should be:

CN=All Rooms,CN=All Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=Organization name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

Frank Wang

P

Peter De Tender

Frank,

The thing is I can still see the " All Rooms" Address list in both EMC and Outlook Address Book window. When manually selecting it, it correctly shows the details of the address list correctly.

The only annoyance is that - when the user clicks on the button " Add Room..." in the meeting invite window, the Address Book shows up, but instead of showing directly only the meeting room list, it shows the GAL.

Below is the output of the requested information:

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>Get-OrganizationConfig | fl ResourceAddressLists
ResourceAddressLists : {All Rooms}

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>

I also checked the ADSIEDIT config, and it shows exactly what you referred to.

Kind regards, Peter

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Peter,

The outputs you got are correct.

Did you also check whether the " Add Rooms..." in Scheduling Assistant links to GAL as well?

If yes, I would suggest you delete the " All Rooms" in EMC, then create a new one(same name is better).

If the ResourceAddressLists is not {All Rooms}, you should edit the msExchResourceAddressLists.

Frank Wang

Status
Not open for further replies.