Outlook 2010 - reminders won't snooze

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smithdes01

I recently was given a Windows 7 / Office 2010 computer at work. We use Exchange 2007. I am using cached mode. I was previously on Outlook 2007. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but since it seems to mostly be an Outlook question, I thought I'd start here.

I often set flags on emails and they pop up in the Reminders window at the designated time. All worked well until Outlook 2010. Now, when I snooze a reminder for 2 hours or 2 days, it pops back up immediately in my Reminders window.

I moved all of my flagged e-mails to a new folder and cleared all of the flags. Some took me 2-3 times to actuallly clear. Then, I closed Outlook. I opened with /cleanreminders. And waited. When all looked good, I moved a couple of items back and set a reminder. I tested this for a few hours. It all worked fine.

Next, I opened Outlook using the shortcut. Things worked well for about a day and then the problem began recurring. I tried the /cleanreminders switch again, but to no avail.

I think I should be able to snooze a reminder for 2 hours and it will go away and not show up again for 2 hours. Does Outlook 2010 not handle snoozing this way? What am I missing?

Any help is appreciate. TIA.

S

Steven Moede

If you are running Outlook in cached mode, ask the corporate IT support gods if it is okay to delete your .OST file while Outlook is closed so it can build a new one from the contents in your Exchange mailbox.

" smithdes01" wrote in message news:2f697309-6c28-4a8f-ba6d-38a7db065768@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I recently was given a Windows 7 / Office 2010 computer at work. We use Exchange 2007. I am using cached mode. I was previously on Outlook 2007. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but since it seems to mostly be an Outlook question, I thought I'd start here.

I often set flags on emails and they pop up in the Reminders window at the designated time. All worked well until Outlook 2010. Now, when I snooze a reminder for 2 hours or 2 days, it pops back up immediately in my Reminders window.

I moved all of my flagged e-mails to a new folder and cleared all of the flags. Some took me 2-3 times to actuallly clear. Then, I closed Outlook. I opened with /cleanreminders. And waited. When all looked good, I moved a couple of items back and set a reminder. I tested this for a few hours. It all worked fine.

Next, I opened Outlook using the shortcut. Things worked well for about a day and then the problem began recurring. I tried the /cleanreminders switch again, but to no avail.

I think I should be able to snooze a reminder for 2 hours and it will go away and not show up again for 2 hours. Does Outlook 2010 not handle snoozing this way? What am I missing?

Any help is appreciate. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.