Outlook 2007 - ALL incoming e-mails have large images

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oz Strine

My incoming e-mails have large inbedded pictures & images (when present). I have no idea what I may have done to cause this. Zooming doesn't work or trying to change the font size for incomings only. The images decrease alright but the text becomes tinier still. The text size seems unaffected. Any help to go back to the default normal size for images would be appreciated. The e-mails all look fine when forwarded onto others and viewed in their Outlook 2007 and my "Sent Items" e-mails are fine. I have also tried repair Office 2007 - no difference & uninstall/ re-install Outlook, still no difference. It must be something in my font settings on receiving e-mails(?) Thanks again.

B

Black Barron

What kinda email account have you configured in outlook - POP3 ,IMAP/Exchange?

In either cases check if the mails are recieved the same way on the server by logging on to web mail or OWA

BLACK BARRON

P.S : Please post back with the status of the issue. If this post was helpful to you, please vote for my post If this post has helped you resolve your issue, please mark my post as answered.

O

Oz Strine

POP3, Black Barron and images are fine in my Web Mail. Must be Outlook itself in some setting.

R

Ruchi Bisht

Try the steps mentioned below.

Click Start->Run (Windows key + R key) and type Outlook /cleanviews->click ok.

Open the mails and check.

If the above step does not resolve the issue create a new Outlook Profile , try sending a test mail with pictures and check if you receive it fine.

If new profile works, open old Outlook data file by clicking on File->Open->Outlook data file->Outlook.pst.

Ruchi Bisht

O

Oz Strine

Thanks to everyone. In the end, I ended up reformatting and installing Outlook 2003 back. Everything is back to normal. Opens up OK on another PC I have which runs Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.