OUTLOOK keeps closing and restarting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RichFD

I have seen other posts with no viable answers. Was running 2007 and just upgraded to 2010 and the problem continues. Running 64 bit, windows 7 and no other problems. Also have uninstalled add-ins and tried a new profile.

Any help would be appreciated!

R

Russ Valentine

Outlook does not support upgrade installations. If you had a problem before you tried to update your version you have only made it worse by not recitifying it before you attempted an " upgrade" . You have provided no information that would permit anyone to help you. What problem did you have before this attempted upgrade? What problem do you have now? Include all mail account types, configuration settings and error messages in your reply.Russ Valentine

N

Niranjan I K

To check if a program installed on your computer is causing this problem. Try restarting your computer in clean boot mode:

Important: In clean boot mode all the third party applications (Including your security software) will be disabled. Starting your computer without security software may put your computer at risk.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting in clean boot, do not forget to reset the computer to start as usual:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

R

RichFD

I did a clean boot and the problem still occurs. I deleted one of my two email accounts and the restarts are not as frequent. Sending/Receiving is not the problem because i can use that feature without a shut-down and re-start.

Going to try exporting all of my saved emails and wiping the program clean and then gradually start using again. I have tried everything else, that i am

aware of to resolve this.

Thank you for your help.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.