sync errors in Outlook 2003/Hotmail account

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twist user

Hello I have started receiving the following sync errors in Outlook 2003/Hotmail setup, my inbox is not receiving any messages but my hotmail account is fine. It has stopped downloading new messages all together. Is there a backend fix the hotmail folks can apply to my account ?

01:00:56 Synchronizer Version 14.0.4760

01:00:56 Synchronizing Mailbox

01:00:56 Synchronizing Hierarchy

01:00:56 4 folder(s) added to online store

01:00:56 1 folder(s) updated in online store

01:00:56 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Inbox'

01:00:58 Folder Collection Sync Key: 0

01:00:58 Message Collection Sync Key: 0

01:01:58 The server reported a temporary error.

01:01:58 Error: 5102. Server. Xfs request 'SyncBinary' failed. Response code: 'Undefined'.

01:01:58

T

twist user

Tried removing and reinstalling the Outlook Connector and then setting up the msn accounts in there but it still fails to download anything. I have tried this on another machine and it is acting the same. Something is not right with the msn account.

G

Guruprasad Ra

Download the latest version of Outlook connector from the download link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en

If issue persists, try removing the email account in outlook and delete the .OST file(s) in the following location:

C:\documents & settings\Username\local settings\application data\Microsoft\Outlook

Important: To enable the viewing of hidden and protected system files in Windows Xp follow these steps:

1. Double-click on the My Computer icon.

2. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.

3. After the new window appears select the View tab.

4. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.

After this Re add the email account and check if this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.