Relaying denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brucefl

I have been getting the following error message sending some emails. When I do the test under the acct. it is ok. I have office 2003. Never run into this problem before. I write the email, then click and send. One address the first time I sent it, went out and didn't come back. The next 2 the error came back. I sent a few to different addresses, some came back, some don't?

Suggestions? thanks Bruce

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test

Sent: 9/30/2010 7:23 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'brucefl56@hotmail.com' on 9/30/2010 7:23 PM

550 5.7.1 <email address sent>... Relaying denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Tools | Account Settings. Edit the properties for your mail account. On the Outgoing Server tab (as I recall) is a radio button or check box that says " Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail." Make sure that's checked.

B

brucefl

thanks I see it,

called tech support for fairpoint and deleted and put my acct. back in, seems to work fine.

Thanks Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M I get the following error message when tryiong to send some emails.__'Relaying denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail.' Using Outlook 2
C Server Error: '473 relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first.' Using Outlook 2
L error 550 relaying blocked. This only applies to one person in my mailing list.____ 550 relaying blo Using Outlook 2
M Emails not relaying to External Contact-[email addresses in different domain] Exchange Server Administration 8
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1
P I am getting an error msg = cannot open file access denied Using Outlook 3
C Update Permission Denied BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
V Relay Access Denied message Using Outlook 1
S 0x800CCC33 error code. 'access to the account denied' 'server responded forbidden. Please help. Using Outlook 1
B Access to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your __Windows Live ID with a w Using Outlook 1
M Exchange 2010 OWA '403 Access Denied' Exchange Server Administration 3
J Access Denied - Error Applying Attributes to Outlook.pst After Backup Using Outlook 1
M server error 544.5.7.1 relay access denied Using Outlook 1
A RBAC authorization returns Access Denied for user Exchange Server Administration 5
J Outlook 2010 Access Denied. Cannot open pst file‏ Using Outlook 6
A Unable to access outlook.pst: access denied Using Outlook 1
R Exchange 2007 Sender ID Agent denied the mails from specific Domain-Urgent Exchange Server Administration 2
Y getting error "ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT WAS DENIED. VERIFY THAT YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ARE CORRECT Using Outlook 3
P EMC access denied... Exchange Server Administration 6
K Access Denied to pst file created with Outlook 2003 and now in Outlook 2010 with Windows 7. Using Outlook 3
K Access to the resources was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Windows Live ID with a We Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2003 - Single-Instance "Resource" Requests Auto-Denied as being recurring? Using Outlook 3
D File access is denied Using Outlook 2
O Creating Offline Address Book generates Access denied error Exchange Server Administration 2
I Exchange 2003 OWA 401 Error: Access is Denied from Internet Explorer Using Outlook 5
V Exchange 2010 - error access denied in getowavirtualdirectory Exchange Server Administration 8
C Yet Another - An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message is Access is denied. Exchange Server Administration 2
C Exchange 2010 OWA Sub Folders Access Denied ( also cannot create Rules with move to folder ) Exchange Server Administration 3
M Access to the account was denied. Error: 998, Error Number: 0x800CCC33 Using Outlook 1
D some email's are getting denied Exchange Server Administration 3
M OWA: Access is denied Exchange Server Administration 3
E Outlook 2003 denied access to Hotmail account - server responded forbidden Using Outlook 1
C New Exchange 2010 server in Exchange 2003 network - Access Denied when trying to create EX2010 Mailbox Exchange Server Administration 3
I File Access is Denied: You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Users\Drew\AppD Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 - Access Denied when trying to download offline address book in cache mode using Exchan Using Outlook 6
O Re: Can't log in to desktop, access denied on exchange files!? Exchange Server Administration 1
D Delete email from outbox, error message ' this file cannot be deleted because it has been moved or you have been denied access.' Using Outlook 1
J Exchange 2010 EMC and PowerShell Comandlets ACCESS DENIED Error Exchange Server Administration 3
E Exchange 2010 Access Denied in Child Domain Exchange Server Administration 5
S access denied when click Option in owa Exchange Server Administration 3
A Outlook Web App 2010 accessible from Google Chrome but OWA freezes with an "Access is denied uglobal Exchange Server Administration 3
S Can't log in to desktop, access denied on exchange files!? Exchange Server Administration 8
O Access denied appear randomly on EMS and EMC Exchange Server Administration 2
A Exchange 2007 OWA 403 Forbidden access denied Using Outlook 3
T Access denied on Exchane 2010 Management Console Exchange Server Administration 2
R In my e-mails, I can not open hyperlinks. Tells me access is denied and the URL has a prefix "block Using Outlook 4
M Unable able to initialize Exchange management (EMC and EMS don't work) - Access Denied Exchange Server Administration 16
D Error code 0x800ccc33 Access to the account was denied Using Outlook 2
Forum Admin Hotmail/MSN access is forbidden or denied Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
K An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. Access denied Exchange Server Administration 20