delete messages off server when downloaded to Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eldo1960

How do I set Outlook so that when messages are received to Outlook

from my internet provider mail they are deleted from the provider mailbox?

M

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

Under your Account properties, there is an option to remove from server. Depending on your version of Outlook, it is on the Advanced tab of the Account Properties. Where to find this option is version dependent.

"eldo1960" wrote in message news:c325d693-1be5-4458-9963-71683e4d0c15@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

How do I set Outlook so that when messages are received to Outlook

from my internet provider mail they are deleted from the provider mailbox?

G

Guruprasad Ra

Adding to Milly"s Suggestion, the Advanced tab in the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box lets you set the delivery settings to let you read a message, but leaves the message on the server for a specified time.

This feature is especially helpful if you use the same e-mail account from more than one computer. By default, Outlook 2010 enables this feature and sets the time limit to 14 days on the server before copies of messages are removed. If you do not want to keep copies of messages on the server, clear the Leave a copy of messages on this server check box.

Open Outlook > Click on File > Account settings > Select the Email account > Click on Change > More Settings > Advanced > Delivery > Choose the appropriate options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O How to turn off the prompt to permanently delete messages upon exiting? Using Outlook 2
W Delete messages off server Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
O How to delete duplicate RSS messages? Using Outlook 6
F delete unsended messages Using Outlook 1
E How will I delete messages permanently? Using Outlook 2
T How to remove "automatically delete messages form this sender"? Using Outlook 1
F Automatically delete previous messages in a conversation Using Outlook 2
S OWA 2010 Cannot Delete Messages Exchange Server Administration 9
N How to delete email messages from outlook cache?__ Using Outlook 2
L I cannot delete messages Using Outlook 2
D Can't delete error messages from outlook express 2003 Using Outlook 2
M New Outlook 2010 Receives but doesn't delete messages from yahoo (on web page) Using Outlook 1
A Exchange 2010sp1. Retention policy will not delete messages from "deleted item" Exchange Server Administration 11
C Unable to delete messages from Inbox in Outlook 2003, only with my new email address. Using Outlook 1
D Multiple deletion of messages when I want to only delete the highlighted message Using Outlook 2
W OWA 2010: Can't delete messages from inbox Exchange Server Administration 12
D I have Outlook 2007 and want to delete messages from the Yahoo server after downloading them. The instructions were not in your data base. How do I Using Outlook 1
M Delete Specific Messages After MailboxExportRequest Exchange Server Administration 3
C Outlooks tells me my folders are full but won't allow me to delete old messages. Using Outlook 1
A Delete Messages in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 won't delete messages from pop3 server. Using Outlook 1
M keep getting duplicate messages wish to delete Using Outlook 1
M keep getting duplicate messages wish to delete Using Outlook 1
R Cannot delete messages in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
H How to delete Messages in ascending order - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
A Delete messages on server Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J To delete the draft email Using Outlook 0
W Recurrence: delete older occurrences / change earliest start time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
A Attachments.Delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Expand VBA Permanent Delete Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Delete headers in Inline reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S How can I delete all copies of a given companies logo graphic from all my emails at once? Using Outlook 3
9 Outlook 2016 How to save an Outlook attachment to a specific folder then delete the email it came from? Using Outlook 1
D after delete mail, open the next one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Delete duplicate emails - subscription notifications Using Outlook 5
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
L Email Read and Delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Delete Calendar Entries in Using Outlook 2
D Delete Emails from Senders in Shared Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R How to delete Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 7
R VBA Code to permanently delete selected email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
JoeG Appointment Delete/Change Recurrence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 2016 cannot delete, email showing in root Exchange Server Administration 5
C How to replace or delete first instance of sentence in mail body? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Can't delete IMAP folder Using Outlook 2
J Delete old emails Exchange Server Administration 1
undercover_smother Automatically Forward All Sent Mail and Delete After Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10