Had Outlook Connector working, it asked for upgrade repeatedly. Uninstalled and tried to download-reinstall and it doesn't read my live.com email or

• Thread starter Patwithconnectorquestion
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patwithconnectorquestion

I download and install outlook connect it appears to have installed. When I bring up Outlook connector shows on the bar on the top. But it does not prompt me to configure connector. Nothing happens.

I tried adding my live.com as an email account and it never reads live email and doesn't show the deleted items, drafts, inbox etc like it did before.

What should I do to get this to work.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Uninstall Outlook connector from your computer and follow the steps below.

1) Remove the Hotmail account from Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to remove accounts from Outlook
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012316341033.aspx

2) Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account
a. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
b. Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press "Enter":
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

3) Delete the .ost file(s) from the above location and install latest version Outlook connector.
4) Now configure the Hotmail account using Outlook connector in Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to add Windows Live account in Outlook.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx

P

Patwithconnectorquestion

I did as you instructed. During the installation it did NOT come up with the box for my email address that came up the first time I installed outlook connector. When I opened outlook it did not have my live.com account in the list. So I added it. It is not expanded to show inbox, calendar, deleted items etc. I cannot receive email thru outlook from live.com. If I click on the live.com account name it comes up with

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location.

I appreciate your help any thing else I can do.

E

Ezil Vinoth

During the installation you will not get any prompt to configure email account.

Post installation, click on Tools > Account Settings > select the account type as Other > Outlook Connecter and setup the Live account via Outlook Connector.

Note: the problem mailbox which currently appears needs to be fixed by removing the .ost files using the steps suggested previously.

P

Patwithconnectorquestion

I deleted the .ost file

With Outlook 2003 when I click on tools there is no Account Settings or Account type Other

I see tools> email accounts - ADD ACCOUNT then there are choices
MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SERVER
POP3
IMAP
HTTP
ADDITIONAL SERVER TYPES

THEN THAT WILL LEAD ME TO ANOTHER SCREEN WHERE IT WANTS INCOMING MAIL SERVER NAME, OUTGOING MAIL SERVER NAME

I'D APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT AS TO WHAT TO ENTER TO ADD LIVE.COM

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Once you install the latest version of Outlook Connector you will see the "Outlook Connector" tab; click on it and then on "Add account" to create your Hotmail account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Outlook Connector to Hotmail Acct not working properly Using Outlook 6
H Outlook 2007 Client (w/ Connector) randomly stops working with Hotmail Using Outlook 4
X outlook connector Stopped working. Using Outlook 3
H facebook connector not working with Outlook Using Outlook 1
O Outlook Connector Not working. Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Email and Outlook Connector no longer working to receive email. Using Outlook 7
G Re: outlook connector not working, forced to upgrade from 12.1 to 14.1 on xp sp2 system, with office 2003 Using Outlook 7
P Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 - Outlook Live Mail Connector 14 Not Working Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 Facebook and windows live messenger social connector not working Using Outlook 1
S LinkedIn Social Network Connector Not Working with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook Social Connector for LinkedIn and MySpace working great... additional connectors: Facebook and Windows Live Messenger will not install. Get me Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 Social Connector & Linkedin NOT working (32-bit) Using Outlook 22
R Outlook 2010 Social Connector NOT working (not Beta, final version) Using Outlook 6
iwshim Outlook Social Connector for Facebook - updates? work arounds? Using Outlook 1
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Outlook's Social Connector New Slipstick.com Articles 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook Connector Contact Sync Bug (Fixed) New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Outlook 2007 connector and Windows 10 Using Outlook 3
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Outlook Connector calendar sync problems with Android phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 sync problems with Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
A Problems with Outlook Connector in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 contacts syncing intermittently via Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
R Outlook 2013 and Social Connector Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2013 using DAMO (connector for Domino) Sent Items Issue Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Repeatedly Requesting Password via Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
P Encoding problems after synchronization with Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
T syncing email using Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 16
S Receiving/accepting meeting invitation into new calendar (outlook connector) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Outlook Social Connector Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Outlook connector only works when set to default Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
K Outlook 2013 - Removed Social Connector, LinkedIn and Messenger Reappear Using Outlook 7
P Multiple accounts and single Calendar file (Outlook 2010, using Connector) Using Outlook 1
S Outlook connector, numerous versions, connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector wont sync with iPhone/iPad Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D How to correct Outlook Connector Live ID Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector will not download ALL messages from hotmail accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
J Outlook Connector equivalent for Google Mail? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
V What is wrong with Outlook Connector - it still errors out on an EMPTY Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
V Creating Distributions in Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Connector Forces Outlook 2007 To Hang On Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Has Outlook Connector just lost all my folders?! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Outlook Connector only works for a day?! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R Hotmail won't synchronize with Outlook Connector Using Outlook 2
G Outlook and Hotmail Connector not syncronizing inbox. Using Outlook 1
T contacts in outlook via outlook connector are not syncing to what is listed in Windows Live. Using Outlook 1
T SharePoint 2007 MySites and Outlook 2010 Social Connector Using Outlook 1