I'm in a bit of a bind - the owner of my company brought to my attention that after i put Outlook 2010 on his computer his searching is incomplete. He pointed to a major e-mail we get weekly from our Factory that contains information about orders shipped that week. This e-mail is generated by a simple HTML table that contains rows of order numbers and data about those orders. I've tested these e-mails on mine and i also have the same issue - searching for order numbers that are contained in these e-mails do not show up in searches. We are using Office 2010.
It seems like it might be the formatting of the e-mail that is the issue. For example, i can search for an order number and other e-mails come up with that in the subject line or body, but not these e-mails where the order number is in the body, but in a table cell. That is just a guess. I've tested on several computers and none of them find the e-mail that are using Windows 7 / Outlook 2010.