Outlook Index not pulling up all e-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaredean

I'm in a bit of a bind - the owner of my company brought to my attention that after i put Outlook 2010 on his computer his searching is incomplete. He pointed to a major e-mail we get weekly from our Factory that contains information about orders shipped that week. This e-mail is generated by a simple HTML table that contains rows of order numbers and data about those orders. I've tested these e-mails on mine and i also have the same issue - searching for order numbers that are contained in these e-mails do not show up in searches. We are using Office 2010.

It seems like it might be the formatting of the e-mail that is the issue. For example, i can search for an order number and other e-mails come up with that in the subject line or body, but not these e-mails where the order number is in the body, but in a table cell. That is just a guess. I've tested on several computers and none of them find the e-mail that are using Windows 7 / Outlook 2010.

jared

H

Harry Yuan

Hi,

You should Rebuild the index. Let the indexing process run overnight so by the next day most of the files will be indexed.

If it still does not complete the indexing , try to put away the receipt of new emails until indexing is finished.

To rebuild indexing : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932989

1. Click Start button, click Control Panel, and then click System and Maintenance.

2. Click Indexing Options, and then click Advanced.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

3. Click Rebuild. When you are prompted to confirm that you want to rebuild the index, click OK.

Rebuilding the index may take some time to finish. During the rebuild operation, the indexer tries to reinsert all items into the index.

Regards,

Harry Yuan

J

Jaredean

This doesn't work. I've not only tried this, but have this issue on every computer on my network. I even reformatted and reinstalled windows / outlook on a computer here and it couldn't find these specific e-mails.

Status
Not open for further replies.