EXbpa recommends to install .NET 2.0 update for 8+ processors.. can't find one

• Thread starter ktolik_iname.com
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ktolik_iname.com

I ran Best Practices analyzer, and the only critical error it gave me this error:

An update for .NET Framework 2.0 is available. This update fixes an issue which can cause performance problems with .NET applications when running on a computer with more than 8 processors. The currently installed version is '2.0.50727.4952'.

Problem is, I can't find 64 bit version of this update. Link provided takes me to

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974065 which has no actual download link - says contact Microsoft.

I google the KB, and found a couple of places with downloads, but they all seem to be x86 versions. Anyone know if I should run the x86 version of this update (or maybe it's the only one available?), or there is x64 version somewhere?

Thanks!

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Why not simply contact Microsoft for the correct hotfix?

T

TWHarrington

I agree with Andy. The article says to contact MS for the hotfix. It is painless and free to request a hotfix from MS, just takes time. I would not suggest googling the internet for the 64-bit version. Get it directly from MS to be safe.

K

ktolik_iname.com

I can't figure out how to request it for free though... I went to link provided

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

and from there, it always gets me to the page with payment selection:

Select a payment method

Professional Support License/Contract Help

Professional (5-pack) and other contracts (Access ID required)

Software Assurance License: for servers only (Software Assurance Access ID required)

Don"t use a professional support license/contract (charges may apply)

Am I going to wrong place? When I try to login with "Professional", and try to login with my technet subscription user ID, it gives me error. Don't use professional option takes me to paid only options...</label>

K

ktolik_iname.com

Sigh... after a while got some customer service rep answer the call, got tons of info on what I need, said he is going to transfer me to "Professional Support", and after that, I hear "There was a problem transferring your call... Would you like to talk to Customer Service?"... Great... It's got to be easier than this.. just a simple .net hotfix!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R ExBPA Exchange Server Administration 6
S ExBPA 2010 - Administrative group 'First Administrative Group' contains one or more routing groups, but the 'Servers' container is missing Exchange Server Administration 2
S ExBPA 2007 'Offline address book server cannot be found' Exchange Server Administration 3
S ExBPA 2010 Recipient Update Service host cannot be found Exchange Server Administration 6
C 2010 ExBPA? Exchange Server Administration 28
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
R Unable to install without email account Using Outlook 4
jChambler Cant install BCM on windows 10 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
J Install BCM Client without an local SQl Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
Chris Grew How Long To Install BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
icacream reinstall outlook after new install win7 Using Outlook 2
R Cannot Install Outlook Invalid XML Using Outlook 2
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
B OL2010 and install custom WYWO form Using Outlook 1
D 2013 BCM Won't Install BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Recover Autocomplete After Computer Failure Re-install Using Outlook 3
T Office2013 and BCM on Windows 8.1 -- install of BCM does not work? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A how to install or enable categories in OL 2013 for calendar and contacts Using Outlook 5
O RE-install of BCM and previous sync profile conflicts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
D Can't install here Using Outlook 3
O What are best practices for a re-install Office 13 w/BCM with OS re-install BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N How to install BCM for Outlook 2013 in Office 365 Small Business Premium BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Office + Outlook 2013 installed, but I need to install Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C VBA problem in new install Using Outlook 3
B Can't install Calendar Printing Assistant - Windows 7 64bit&Office 2010 32bit Calendar Printing Assistant 2
S BCM Install Issues BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
L Can't install contacts Using Outlook 2
K Error upon install Exchange Server Administration 1
S Owa failed to initialize after install of rollup 2 for Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 9
O Upgrading to Outlook 2010 install / upgrade Frozen in Processing Mode Using Outlook 6
C Enable or install Digital ID for Exchange Users on SBS 2008 Exchange Server Administration 2
J Quick Exchange 2010 install ? Exchange Server Administration 2
D Exchange wont install server 2008 std SP2? Exchange Server Administration 15
F Install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 on Exchange 2 Exchange Server Administration 7
I Error when install Service pack 1 on Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
S EMC, EMS & Powershell issues. Cannot manage Exchange 2010 after install Exchange Server Administration 4
M windows 7 with new outlook 2007 install Using Outlook 2
M Proper way to install Exchange 2010 SP1 on a CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 3
L need to install Office 2010 without click-to-run or uninstall after fully installed. Using Outlook 1
D Install of facebook connector OSCFB-x86-en-us.exe fails Using Outlook 3
S Uninstall exchange 2010 completely after install failed to work. Exchange Server Administration 6
L Trying to install pre-req for Exchange SP1 Exchange Server Administration 17
B Having trouble with an Outlook Profile. Can I uninstall Outlook 2010 and install it again? Using Outlook 11
W Exchange 2010 SP1 Install- Required HotFixes Exchange Server Administration 3
F Exchange 2010 install mistake Exchange Server Administration 18
B Exch 2010 re-install fail Exchange Server Administration 2
M Office 2010 won't install!!! Using Outlook 1
V Problems with Exchange server 2010 mailbox roles Install. Exchange Server Administration 6
B haveing trouble with initial install of exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
J can i install Exchange 2010 DAG with any other exchange componenets Exchange Server Administration 4