User prompted for Archive.pst file location each time they open Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bhammerhead

Hello All,
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 on a W2K3 SP 2 server. The end users are using Office and some newer workstations have Office 2007. I have one user in particular that continues to get prompted to locate the archive file each time they open up Outlook. I have been able to make this error go away, but periodically the message reappears and I it's truly frustrating. Could it just be that the user's outlook profile is corrupt? What's the best way to fix this? I am wondering also if it's the fact that the user uses workstations with Outlook 2003 and other workstations with Outlook 2007. They sometimes are logged into both workstations simultaneously and have them both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 open which I have reminded them not do- could that be the issue instead? They have a roaming user profile if that is a factor as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian

M

Mike Crowley [MVP]

So the error is like this, right:

You'll notice the archive is collapsed in the user's Outlook Navigation Pane. You can right-click it and select close if you don't know where the data file went and/or don't want it anymore.

Mike Crowley
Check out My Blog!

J

James-Luo

Quote: “I have been able to make this error go away”

How did you let it go away?

Does the suggestion from Mike work for you?

Yes, it"s better to use identical outlook client to access the mailboxes, in order to avoid any potential issues

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.