Outlook 2010 personal data pst "Folder not available" error

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SC TX

I am using XP and Office 2010. When I try to move a mail from Inbox to a personal pst folder using the move command, I get the error that the folder is not available. It only happens on this one specific pst folder. I can do a basic drag and drop from Inbox to that folder and that will work, but the move one wont. The move is convenient because it has the most recently used folders shown and it is quick.

I thought the pst file might have been corrupted or something, so I created a new pst and dragged all the files from that old folder into the new one and then deleted the old one. It worked one day. Then next day, same issue started working on that same folder again. I have about a dozen. Only this one has this prob. All the rest work. . I also ran the scanpst tool on that pst. It only found “minor inconsistencies” and I allowed it to “fix”. But it did not correct the folder not available error when trying to use the move function from Inbox.

Brian Tillman

How are you choosing the folder? If you're choosing it from the folders that appear when you click Move, try first selecting Other Folder, expanding the PST, and then selecting the folder. I'm suspecting you're choosing the folder form the list of remembered folders and that particluar reference is old.

----------------------------

S

SC TX

I understand what you are saying, but it never remembers that pst correctly. I can choose move, other folder, that pst for it to go there. They immediatley try again with another mail from the Inbox with move, then choose that same pst from the list just used seconds ago, which moved the pst to the top of the list of choices, but it still gives the error: " Folder not available" .

D

DM521

I have the exact same issue, though I'm on Windows 7 / Outlook 2010. When I select Move / Other Folder / <pick a PST and folder> that PST / Folder combo is shown in the Move drop-down. Try to move another message to that exact same PST / Folder combo, and I get " Folder is not available." But it is - I just moved something there.

This actually *doesn't* happen on the very first PST I added to the account. If I move messages to this PST, the memorized Folder / PST combo's always work. Every other PST fails when I try to use the memorized setting.

I'm running an Exchange account (only) with a couple PST files.

Anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

R

Rizwaan_Adil

Exactly same config and the same problem.... Anyone hearing at MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.