Mail addressed to me is going to my wife's e-mail account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dan0109

My wife and I are separate users on our HP Pavillion Elite e9280t. I use Windows Live Mail; she uses Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. We recently added her e-mail address to her smart phone. We both use Comcast for e-mail. Starting this morning, e-mail addressed to me is being delivered to her mailbox. Any idea what could be wrong? Comcast says everything is fine on their end.

B

Brian Tillman

It sounds like Comcast is supplying multiple addresses for the same mailbox. Both you and she are accessing this common mailbox and so you both see the messages. When you access the two accounts, if you use the same credentials to log in, then you are using only one mailbox no matter how many addresses feed that one mailbox and a mail client generally doesn't care how the messages get to the mailbox, they're all the same no matter what address was used. It's no different that the post office deliverying paper mail addressed to either one of you. It all gets stuffed into the same mailbox and whoever removes it from the mailbox removes it all, not just that with the person's name on it.
----------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.