CAS array not working with Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raul2011

Hello,

I am having trouble using CASarray FQDN Outlook.domain.com

Basically I have 2 Exchange servers Hub/CAS/Mailbox installed which are part of one DAG.

I have created CAS array and also created A record for outlook.domain.com into DNS. I am planning to use hardware LB to for CAS array.

Although at this moment, my focus is to just get CAS array URL working for Outlook 2007 configuration.

When I create Outlook profile with CAS1.domain.com , it works fine. Outlook and exchange RPC encryption is available.

But when I am using Casarray FQDN which is outlook.domain.com it is not checking the user name and it stucks for few mins and gives me below error.

The action could not be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action" .

I have tried recreating AutoDiscover virtual directory in IIS on both CAS servers. Added Autodiscover A record in DNS.

I have added Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity CASServer -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri https://outlook.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

Everything is in same subnet. no networking issue. DAG is up and running.

I have also researched a lot to fix this. But I am not finding any solution. I appreciate if anyone can help me troubelshoot this.

Thanks in adavance.

T

TWHarrington

In 2010, every database has a parameter called RPCClientAccessServer.

This can be viewed by running: Get-MailboxDatabase <DB name> | fl RpcClientAccessserver

If you want the database to use the CAS Array name for RPC access, you will need to change that parameter:

Set-MailboxDatabase <name of DB> -RpcClientAccessServer &ldquo;CASArrayName&rdquo;

One other side note, the autodiscover URL should not be mapped to the CAS Array Name, this is usually mapped to autodiscover.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml, with a DNS A record of autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the VIP of your CAS servers.
Good Reference:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/planning-architecture/uncovering-new-rpc-client-access-service-exchange-2010-part1.html

R

Raul2011

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have stamped databases to use CAS array and verified it. I have ran below command.

New-ClientAccessArray " Outlook" -Fqdn " Outlook.domain.com" Site " Site1"
Get-MailboxDatabase | Set-MailboxDatabase -RPCClientAccessServer " outlook.domain.com"
Get-Mailboxdatabase | FL Name,RPCLIENTACCESSSERVER

DatabaseName Outlook.domain.com

I am confused here when you stated that......

One other side note, the autodiscover URL should not be mapped to the CAS Array Name, this is usually mapped to autodiscover.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml, with a DNS A record of autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the VIP of your CAS servers....

I have below configuration for CAS array

CAS array name: Outlook

FQDN: Outlook.domain.com

IP : 192.168.1.100 Outlook.domain.com (A record in DNS)

IP : 192.168.1.100 Autodiscover.domain.com (A record in DNS)

Site: Site 1

Excahgne servers: Ex1 , Ex2

My question: Are you trying to say that CAS array name should not be " Outlook" in this case? Also correct me anything I need to change.

I greatly appreciate your time. Thank you.

T

TWHarrington

It can be confusing. The CAS Array is really only meant for RPC Client access only and should have its own unique name (not the same as your web services). The CAS Array A record usually ends up pointing to the same load balanced VIP as the OWA/autodiscover names. So you should have three FQDN/A records pointing to your HLB VIP: outlook.domain.com, autodiscover.domain.com, and owa.domain.com. Outlook clients will use the outlook.domain.com name to connect Outlook to Exchange. If you enable Outlook Anywhere (OA), this usually points to the OWA FQDN. You will want to make sure the OA does not use the same name as the CAS Array.

R

Raul2011

Hi Tim,

I have removed complete CAS array and restamped database to use CAS1.domain.com Databases should now use CAS FQDN for autodiscover.

I saw your blog about CAS server troubleshooting. I ran test-outlookconnectivity -Protocol http and its failing with below error now.

Autodiscover webrequest failure

The cmdlet fails to find all the server information through pinging service providers or other topology discovery insid
e the domain. The cmdlet cannot continue. TopologyDiscoverMode = 'UseAutodiscover, UseAddressbook'.
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (Microsoft.Excha...onnectivityTask:TestOutlookConnectivityTask) [Test-
OutlookConnectivity], TopologyDiscoverException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 2395F7EB,Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.TestOutlookConnectivityTask

I am able to login to owa. But owa site is taking to long to respond. Also when I ran test-owaconnectivity , it failed with time out.

Any clue on how to deal with this?

Raul

R

Rick2011

I have deleted CAS array and recreated it and also recreated autodiscover Virtual directory. Hardware LB is now configured. Below is the configuration

Cas Array = Casarray1 = IP 192.168.1.100 = A record in DNS

Autodiscover = 192.168.1.100 = A record in DNS

CAS FQDN = Mail.domain.com = 192.168.1.100 = A record in DNS

Hardware load balancer IP is 192.168.1.100 same and load balancing on 2 CAS servers in same subnet.

Database is stamped to use CASarry FQDN mail.domain.com

After all config I have restarted CAS severs. Created new account in Exchange 2010.

Tried to configure Outlook 2007 , Same error.

The action could not be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action

Some how outlook profiles are not taking mail.domain.com and not checking user name also. I am able to configure profiles with CAS servers FQDN but not with CASarrray's FQDN

Any suggesions will be apprecaited. Thanks.

Raul

E

ExTech2010

Try to point CAS Array to one servers in DAG, and see what's happening. Just in case flush DNS, and try to ping CAS Array before connecting Outlook, to be sure it is pointing there where you want.

J

James-Luo

Please check if there"s any related event in the application log on the CAS server after reproduce the issue

Please run the following cmdlets to test the outlook connectivity and CAS Array:

Test-OutlookConnectivity -Protocol:TCP -Identity contoso.com\jamesluo -MailboxCredential:(get-credential contoso\jamesluo) -verbose | Fl C:\Test1.txt

Test-OutlookConnectivity -RpcTestType:Array -Identity contoso.com\jamesluo -MailboxCredential:(get-credential contoso\jamesluo) -verbose | Fl C:\Test1.txt

Please check RPC Client Access Protocol Logging on the CAS server, which is enabled by default

Notes: The path is " %ExchangeInstallDir%\Logging\RPC Client Access\"

James Luo

R

Rrr2011

I am able to ping CASarray and autodiscover dns record. I flushed DNS in client machine, updated Outlook 2007 SP2. Still same error.

I have ran commands suggested and it came back error with RPC server not available. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel and remote certificate is not installed.

I am having this setup in lab and dont have direct internet connectivity. Below are the verbose outputs requested.

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Test-OutlookConnectivity -RpcTestType:Array -Identity contoso.com\rick -MailboxCredent

al:(get-credential contoso.com\rick) -verbose | Fl C:\Test2.txt

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Active Directory session settings for 'Test-OutlookConnectivity'
are: View Entire Forest: 'False', Default Scope: 'contoso.com', Configuration Domain Controller:

'DC1.contoso.com', Preferred Global Catalog: 'DC.contoso.com', Preferred Domain Controllers: '{
DC.contoso.com }'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Runspace context: Executing user: contoso.com/User

Accounts/Domain Admins/Joshi, Rahul, Executing user organization: , Current organization: , RBAC-enabled: Enabled.

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Beginning processing &

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Instantiating handler with index 0 for cmdlet extension agent

" Admin Audit Log Agent" .

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Current ScopeSet is: { Recipient Read Scope: {{, }}, Recipient

Write Scopes: {{, }}, Configuration Read Scope: {{, }}, Configuration Write Scope(s): {{, }, }, Exclusive Recipient

Scope(s): {}, Exclusive Configuration Scope(s): {} }

VERBOSE: Target Mailbox = 'contoso.com\rick'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.083 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Resolved current organization: .

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.083 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Based on RpcTestType, the cmdlet needs to dynamically look up the endpoint that uses this server as reference point.

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.083 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Target site ='contoso.com/Configuration/Sites/Newyork

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.099 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Searching for a Client Access array in target site. Site = 'contoso.com/Configuration/Sites/Newyork.

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.099 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Client Access array FQDN = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.099 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.099 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.114 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.114 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Using connection parameters : 'contoso.com\rick:

Rfri/TCP-IP, [mail.contoso.com/Negotiate]'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.114 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Mailbox = 'contoso.com\rick', Owner = '/O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.114 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'GetNewDSA', Input = 'userLegacyDN',

Input Value = '/O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.192 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.ServerUnavailableException: Error 0x6ba

(The RPC server is unavailable) from cli_RfrGetNewDSA

EEInfo: ComputerName: n/a

EEInfo: ProcessID: 5688

EEInfo: Generation Time: 2010-10-08 17:53:49.192

EEInfo: Generating component: 2

EEInfo: Status: 0x000006BA

EEInfo: Detection location: 1710

EEInfo: Flags: 0

EEInfo: NumberOfParameters: 1

EEInfo: prm[0]: Long val: 0 (0x00000000)
at ThrowRpcException(Int32 rpcStatus, String message)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.RpcClientBase.ThrowRpcExceptionWithEEInfo(Int32 rpcStatus, String routineName)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.Rfri.RfriRpcClient.GetNewDSA(String userDN, String& server)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.RfriClientWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass7.<GetNewDSA>b__6()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.OutlookConnectivityContext.RpcExceptionWrapper(Func`1 protectedCall)

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.192 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : AddressBook operation failed. Operation = 'GetReferral', Error

= 'The Address Book Referral operation failed. Operation = '<GetNewDSA>b__6', returnValue = '1722', server =

'CAS1.contoso.com', user = '/O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick', .'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.208 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.224 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Using connection parameters : 'contoso.com\rick:

Nspi/TCP-IP, [sea-exch2010-a.contoso.com/Negotiate]'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.224 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'Bind'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.364 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'GetHierarchyInfo'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.442 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'QueryHomeMDB', Input =

'primarySmtpAddress', Input Value = 'rick@contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.583 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : /o=Contoso/ou=Exchange Administrative Group

(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=mail.contoso.com/cn=Microsoft Private MDB

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.583 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : /O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.583 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'GetNetworkAddresses', Input =

'serverLegacyDN', Input Value = '/o=Contoso/ou=Exchange Administrative Group

(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.614 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.614 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.614 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Using connection parameters : 'contoso.com\rick: Mailbox/TCP-IP, [mail.contoso.com/Negotiate]'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.630 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Mailbox Operation: 'EcDoConnectEx', Target mailbox: '/O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.630 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.630 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.317 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : EcDoConnectEx Result: '0'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.317 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.333 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.849 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : EcDoRpcExt2 Response - Result: '0'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.849 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : EcDoRpcExt2 Response - Error code: '0'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.849 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.864 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Admin Audit Log: Entered Handler:OnComplete.

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.880 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Ending processing &

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Test-OutlookConnectivity -Protocol:TCP -Identity contoso.com\rick -MailboxCredential:(g

et-credential contoso.com\rick) -verbose | Fl C:\Test1.txt

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Active Directory session settings for 'Test-OutlookConnectivity'
are: View Entire Forest: 'False', Default Scope: 'contoso.com', Configuration Domain Controller:

'DC1.contoso.com', Preferred Global Catalog: 'DC.contoso.com', Preferred Domain Controllers: '{DC.contoso.com }'

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Runspace context: Executing user: contoso.com/User

Accounts/Domain Admins/Joshi, Rahul, Executing user organization: , Current organization: , RBAC-enabled: Enabled.

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Beginning processing &

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Instantiating handler with index 0 for cmdlet extension agent

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Current ScopeSet is: { Recipient Read Scope: {{, }}, Recipient

Write Scopes: {{, }}, Configuration Read Scope: {{, }}, Configuration Write Scope(s): {{, }, }, Exclusive Recipient

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.419 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Resolved current organization: .

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.434 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Mailbox = 'contoso.com\rick', Owner = '/O=Contoso /OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick'

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.434 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : SMTP address for Autodiscover request ='rick@contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.466 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : When contacting

https://CAS1.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml received the error The underlying connection was
closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

https://CAS1.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml received the error The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.466 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : <?xml version=" 1.0" ?>

<Autodiscover xmlns:xsi=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

xsi:nil=" true" xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006" />

VERBOSE: [17:46:07.756 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Admin Audit Log: Entered Handler:OnComplete.

The cmdlet fails to find all the server information through pinging service providers or other topology discovery insid

e the domain. The cmdlet cannot continue. TopologyDiscoverMode = 'UseAutodiscover, UseAddressbook'.
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (Microsoft.Excha...onnectivityTask:TestOutlookConnectivityTask) [Test-
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 73CEA5CD,Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.TestOutlookConnectivityTask

VERBOSE: [17:46:07.772 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Ending processing

Raul

R

Rrr2011

I am able to ping CASarray and autodiscover dns record. I flushed DNS in client machine, updated Outlook 2007 SP2. Still same error.

I have ran commands suggested and it came back error with RPC server not available. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel and remote certificate is not installed.

I am having this setup in lab and dont have direct internet connectivity. Below are the verbose outputs requested.

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Test-OutlookConnectivity -RpcTestType:Array -Identity contoso.com\rick -MailboxCredent

al:(get-credential contoso.com\rick) -verbose | Fl C:\Test2.txt

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Active Directory session settings for 'Test-OutlookConnectivity'

'DC1.contoso.com', Preferred Global Catalog: 'DC.contoso.com', Preferred Domain Controllers: '{
DC.contoso.com }'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Runspace context: Executing user: contoso.com/User

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Beginning processing &

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Instantiating handler with index 0 for cmdlet extension agent

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.067 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Current ScopeSet is: { Recipient Read Scope: {{, }}, Recipient

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.083 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Resolved current organization: .

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.083 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Based on RpcTestType, the cmdlet needs to dynamically look up the endpoint that uses this server as reference point.

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.083 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Target site ='contoso.com/Configuration/Sites/Newyork

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.099 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Searching for a Client Access array in target site. Site = 'contoso.com/Configuration/Sites/Newyork.

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.099 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Client Access array FQDN = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.114 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.114 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Using connection parameters : 'contoso.com\rick:

Rfri/TCP-IP, [mail.contoso.com/Negotiate]'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.114 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Mailbox = 'contoso.com\rick', Owner = '/O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick'

VERBOSE: [17:53:44.114 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'GetNewDSA', Input = 'userLegacyDN',

Input Value = '/O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.192 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.ServerUnavailableException: Error 0x6ba

(The RPC server is unavailable) from cli_RfrGetNewDSA

EEInfo: ComputerName: n/a

EEInfo: ProcessID: 5688

EEInfo: Generation Time: 2010-10-08 17:53:49.192

EEInfo: Generating component: 2

EEInfo: Status: 0x000006BA

EEInfo: Detection location: 1710

EEInfo: Flags: 0

EEInfo: NumberOfParameters: 1

EEInfo: prm[0]: Long val: 0 (0x00000000)
at ThrowRpcException(Int32 rpcStatus, String message)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.RpcClientBase.ThrowRpcExceptionWithEEInfo(Int32 rpcStatus, String routineName)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.Rfri.RfriRpcClient.GetNewDSA(String userDN, String& server)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.RfriClientWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass7.<GetNewDSA>b__6()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.OutlookConnectivityContext.RpcExceptionWrapper(Func`1 protectedCall)

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.192 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : AddressBook operation failed. Operation = 'GetReferral', Error

= 'The Address Book Referral operation failed. Operation = '<GetNewDSA>b__6', returnValue = '1722', server =

'CAS1.contoso.com', user = '/O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick', .'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.208 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.224 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Using connection parameters : 'contoso.com\rick:

Nspi/TCP-IP, [sea-exch2010-a.contoso.com/Negotiate]'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.224 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'Bind'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.364 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'GetHierarchyInfo'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.442 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'QueryHomeMDB', Input =

'primarySmtpAddress', Input Value = 'rick@contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.583 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : /o=Contoso/ou=Exchange Administrative Group

(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=mail.contoso.com/cn=Microsoft Private MDB

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.583 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : /O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.583 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Address Book Operation = 'GetNetworkAddresses', Input =

'serverLegacyDN', Input Value = '/o=Contoso/ou=Exchange Administrative Group

(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.614 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Using connection parameters : 'contoso.com\rick: Mailbox/TCP-IP, [mail.contoso.com/Negotiate]'

VERBOSE: [17:53:49.630 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Mailbox Operation: 'EcDoConnectEx', Target mailbox: '/O=Contoso/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.317 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : EcDoConnectEx Result: '0'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.317 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.333 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.849 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : EcDoRpcExt2 Response - Result: '0'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.849 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : EcDoRpcExt2 Response - Error code: '0'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.849 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : RPC Endpoint = 'mail.contoso.com'

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.864 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Admin Audit Log: Entered Handler:OnComplete.

VERBOSE: [17:53:50.880 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Ending processing &

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Test-OutlookConnectivity -Protocol:TCP -Identity contoso.com\rick -MailboxCredential:(g

et-credential contoso.com\rick) -verbose | Fl C:\Test1.txt

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Active Directory session settings for 'Test-OutlookConnectivity'

'DC1.contoso.com', Preferred Global Catalog: 'DC.contoso.com', Preferred Domain Controllers: '{DC.contoso.com }'

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Runspace context: Executing user: contoso.com/User

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Beginning processing &

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Instantiating handler with index 0 for cmdlet extension agent

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.403 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Current ScopeSet is: { Recipient Read Scope: {{, }}, Recipient

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.419 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Resolved current organization: .

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.434 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Mailbox = 'contoso.com\rick', Owner = '/O=Contoso /OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=rick'

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.434 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : SMTP address for Autodiscover request ='rick@contoso.com'

https://CAS1.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml received the error The underlying connection was
closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

https://CAS1.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml received the error The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

VERBOSE: [17:50:45.466 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : <?xml version=" 1.0" ?>

<Autodiscover xmlns:xsi=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

xsi:nil=" true" xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006" />

VERBOSE: [17:46:07.756 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Admin Audit Log: Entered Handler:OnComplete.

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 73CEA5CD,Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.TestOutlookConnectivityTask

VERBOSE: [17:46:07.772 GMT] Test-OutlookConnectivity : Ending processing

J

James-Luo

Error: &ldquo;Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel&rdquo;

Default Website is set to listen to 443 SSL but no certificate is assigned to the listener. Since it"s a lab, please assign a certificate by using windows CA

Is there anything in the &ldquo;RPC Client Access&rdquo; folder?

James Luo

R

Rrr2011

Hi James,

I have installed certificate thru IIS 7 and change the bindings. Still same error. CASarray FQDN is not working. I am not sure where is RPC client access folder. Where should I chekc that?

I am planning to setup everything in production now. We have 3 servers 2 at main site and 1 DR site. I have installed hub/cas/mailbox in all servers. We are using HLB at main site to LB CAS trafffic. DR site dont have direct internet. We want DR site users to connect with DR site CASarray2. Can you give me more idea about how does this work? Will users at DR site will connect to CASarray 2 to CASarray 1 , because DR site doesnt have direct internet connetion and its connected to main site.
and what things I should keep in mind before creating CAS array and load balancing with HLB?

ALso I heard that you need to change some registry setting MXexchhangeRPC and add that port number that you want to load balance. Is that true or not mandatory?

I will greatly appreciate your time. Thanks.

R

Rrr2011

Test-Outlook connectivity fails with below error

Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.ServerUnavailableException: Error 0x6ba

Certificates are installed correctly. Still not able to have CASarray working.

Any direcitons will be appreciated. Thanks.

R

Rrr2011

Issue got resolved with readding CAS role.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B After rebooting one of the cas array servers blackbarry stops working Exchange Server Administration 1
B cas array exchnage 2010 not working properly on vm Exchange Server Administration 5
L Outlook clients did not reconnect to Exchange when one CAS server in CAS array became unresponsive Exchange Server Administration 1
B CAS Array and NLB Exchange Server Administration 3
D CAS Array Question Exchange Server Administration 11
M Proper way to install Exchange 2010 SP1 on a CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 3
J Segmenting IMAP traffic from CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 8
B CAS Array and Outlook 2003 clients Exchange Server Administration 5
S CAS array in Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
G Exchange 2010 CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 4
J Geographically redundant cas array Exchange Server Administration 15
D CAS Array Questions Exchange Server Administration 3
T Exchange 2010 CAS Array setup and lab Exchange Server Administration 18
S NLB exchange 2010 CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 4
S Access CAS Array Behind ISA 2006 Exchange Server Administration 6
C Introduce another CAS/HT server on the cas array on NLB Exchange Server Administration 7
P DNS Round Robin on CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 5
S One CAS Array for mulitple site Exchange Server Administration 2
S CAS Array - NLB - Can't Ping VIP Exchange Server Administration 4
R accessing owa externally and having a cas array internally Exchange Server Administration 9
K CAS array SSL cert -RPC cas certificate warning Exchange Server Administration 3
S What to Use Instead a Hardware-based Load Balancer for an Exchange 2010 CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 21
R cas array owa is slow Exchange Server Administration 5
S Created CAS Array - Outlook certificate error Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 two datacenters two CAS array Exchange Server Administration 4
B Do we need to create a CAS Array for a single server site? Exchange Server Administration 3
M CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 6
J Autodiscover not issuing CAS array to Outlook Clients Exchange Server Administration 2
R Installing SP1 on Hub/CAS servers in CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 9
B CAS Array article...? Exchange Server Administration 2
C Cas array question Exchange Server Administration 12
T Rename CAS array Exchange Server Administration 4
S CAS array legacy URL Exchange Server Administration 9
S CAS array in exchange 2003 and exchange 2010 coexsit environment Exchange Server Administration 4
T CAS Array/RPCClientAccessServer and Outlook profile experiences Exchange Server Administration 8
C Reboot a CAS array member causes Outlook 2010 clients to prompt for credentials. Using Outlook 5
K Outlook client on Exchange 2010 changes cas array name to instance-<guid> Using Outlook 21
B CAS Array with Hardware Load Balancers Exchange Server Administration 6
A Why not using DAG virtual IP/fqdn for CAS array in two nodes setup? Exchange Server Administration 2
D Cas Array HA 2 sites Exchange Server Administration 15
T CAS array and kerberos authentication to RPC client access service Exchange Server Administration 15
A Exchange 2010 CAS Failover from Internet Facing site to Non-Internet Facing Site - Certificate Issue Exchange Server Administration 3
C Watson Error on CAS Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange 2010 CAS/HT/Mailbox moved - best practice/steps for decommissioning 2007 Exchange Server Administration 3
S Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers. Exchange Server Administration 2
S Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers. Exchange Server Administration 3
M Fundamental CAS question for Exchange 2010 and 2007 Co-existence... Exchange Server Administration 7
M Exchange ActiveSync HTTP 500 Exchange CAS/HUB 2007 and Exchange 2003 BE & MBX CCR 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Exchange CAS server OAB directory not showing web.config file Exchange Server Administration 3
T RBAC Error on UM/CAS Servers Exchange Server Administration 2