Re: outlook connector not working, forced to upgrade from 12.1 to 14.1 on xp sp2 system, with office 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roxsea

as suggested, i uninstalled connector, via add / remove programs, then after checked to ensure all files / entries have been deleted, via the link provided ... the only file remaining was mapisvc.inf, which i renamed .. download (again) outlook connector 14.1 from link provided .... brought up outlook and now i am getting the msg (which I had before): unable to display folder. microsoft office outlook could not access specified folder location .... the good news is, it appears i am receiving new mail but as stated can't see / view them ... again, thanks in advance for assistance ....

G

Guruprasad Ra

Try to remove the email account in Outlook and rename the .OST file(s) from the following location:

C:\documents and settings\<Username>\local settings\application data\Microsoft\Outlook

For information on adding or removing an email account in outlook check the following link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/add-or-remove-an-e-mail-account-HP003076000.aspx

Note: To view files and folders in Windows XP follow the steps given below:

1. Double-click on the My Computer icon

2. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options

3. Select the View tab

4. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders

Important: undo the steps after troubleshooting.

If the same issue persists, create a new Outlook Profile and reconfigure the email account via Outlook Connector.

R

roxsea

still having the problem after receiving my mail via the mail count on my pc and verified with mail live ... the problem is, as stated above,unable to display the folder. microsoft office outlook could not access specified folder location .... under control panel, mail, i viewed databases, and there is no database associated like my other email (non msn) ... can't figure out how to associate a d/b .....

i did what you requested and the only way i can get connected to live mail is via creating an account using additional server types .... i tried pop3, and it was not working due to port address ... will be happy to try if you could provide me the info for the 2 servers including server names to make sure i was using correctly ... tried http and nothing happened, didn't even prompt me for my account password after starting up outlook ... tried forcing send/receive to no avail ... my other mail account (not msn) is still working fine and i can view mail items .... is there anyway i can force a manual open from the folder location (assuming the location is the outlook folder) ??? prior to this problem, my email account was mapi, and always worked fine and still does download new mail, just can't view ....

thanks ....

T

TMiglio

still having the problem after receiving my mail via the mail count on my pc and verified with mail live ... the problem is, as stated above,unable to display the folder. microsoft office outlook could not access specified folder location .... under control panel, mail, i viewed databases, and there is no database associated like my other email (non msn) ... can't figure out how to associate a d/b .....

i did what you requested and the only way i can get connected to live mail is via creating an account using additional server types .... i tried pop3, and it was not working due to port address ... will be happy to try if you could provide me the info for the 2 servers including server names to make sure i was using correctly ... tried http and nothing happened, didn't even prompt me for my account password after starting up outlook ... tried forcing send/receive to no avail ... my other mail account (not msn) is still working fine and i can view mail items .... is there anyway i can force a manual open from the folder location (assuming the location is the outlook folder) ??? prior to this problem, my email account was mapi, and always worked fine and still does download new mail, just can't view ....

thanks ....

Hi guys...

I have the same problem.

I've tried all tips, but the problem still remain. My system is like roxsea's system.

thanks for trying

R

roxsea

help .... i just asked a question as to where my problem stands and what the following meant:

Moved byRuhul Laskar<abbr class="affil">Microsoft Support</abbr><abbr class="affil">, Moderator</abbr>Thursday, October 07, 2010 3:50 PMOutlook issue (From:Installing, Upgrading, and Activating Microsoft Office Products)Edited byRuhul Laskar<abbr class="affil">Microsoft Support</abbr><abbr class="affil">, Moderator</abbr>Thursday, October 07, 2010 3:50 PMmetadata

and it appears to have disappeared or maybe got attached to the problem located somewhere else ... as i had requested in my missing entry, would like a status, where my problem is now located, since i even looked under ruhul's name to no avail ... so i have no idea where my problem stands / located and if there is an action i need to take ..... PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

TMiglio

Hi Roxsea

Change the default account to Hotmail (MAPI).

It fixed my problem.

Good luck!

R

roxsea

thank you for your suggestion ... unfortunately, from the beginning of time, i was already defined as mapi with my msn.com account ... i believe what you are stating that just to make sure i was defined as mapi and not changing email to hotmail vs msn .... i haven't tried linking to my account in a few weeks, just going to msn.com site (hate it vs being local), wonder if maybe a change has been made and it is now working ....

again, thanks for suggestion, please let me know if i understood you correctly .... if not, apologize in advance .....

Status
Not open for further replies.