How do I get email notifications when receiving IMAP email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kane11

This is a core function of Outlook. Handling email effectively and efficiently and notifications on new mail. Do I need a special update to get this? I cannot believe from 2000 all the way to 2007 this worked perfectly. And in 2010 we step back.

Any suggestions for resolution?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

It works fine for most people. Do you not get ANY notifications for IMAP?

If you go to File | Options | Mail | Message Arrival what do you have checked?

R

Russ Valentine

Last I heard this is still broken for IMAP in Outlook 2010. Perhaps SR1 will fix it?Russ Valentine

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

<sigh>

O.K., in that case I guess the alternative is to create a rule that pops a notification. Rules | Create Rule | Advanced Options ...

K

Kane11

You lost me at the ... In my version of Outlook 2010 I do not have an advanced options for new rules. How do I proceed? Can you provide a step-by-step setup to send alerts for all new mail presented to the inbox? Thanks.

Brian Tillman

It's File>Manage Rules and Alerts>New Rule>Apply rule on messages I receive>Next. Select "through the specified account", specify your IMAP account, click Next, select "display a Desktop Alert", and click Finish. If you want to give it a name, instead of Finish, click Next, Next, specify the name, then Finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.