Server security certificate error on Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dan2me76

I get this error everytime I start Outlook 2007.

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified.

A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or time stamp in the signed file

Do you want to continue using this server?

The email server I am accessing when I get this error is gmail. I also access AOL and Hotmail servers without any problems. I am running a Toshiba Satalite laptop with an AMD Antholon 64 dual core processer with 2gb of ram and Windows 7 32 bit opperating system. Microsoft Security Assentials offers me my security and I run a cysco lynksys router with the firwall at high security.

Currently I am concerned more about why this security warning is coming up when the information contained in the certificate all appears to be valled. Windows 7 is up to date as is MSE and Microsoft office. All those update daily and automaticaly. The only update I heven't taken is Microsoft Silverlite. I find it interfears with the spead of my computer when gaming. I have also checked the time and date for both Windows, and my system bios. I am at a loss. Please advise.

R

Roady [MVP]

Does the certificate also indicate that it is trying to access the Gmail server?

Also, does the name on the certificate reflect the name of the server that you have configured in your account settings? There are some aliases for their servers which can be used but are not on the certificate so the result is that you'll get a warning about the name mismatch.

Robert Sparnaaij

D

dan2me76

Yes to both your questions. But there has been a change now. Normally when I get that error I click yes and it downloads my inbox like normal. Now it has stopped doing that. It just sits there like it's downloading, but does nothing.

D

dan2me76

I did some further troubleshooting with gmail and dicovered the problem. But now I have a new problem. All my setting had been changed. I am sure they were correct when I set it up, and it worked for about the first 2 or 3 weeks. I have also kept up with my virus scans, and I use the online scanner from Microsoft at least once a month. Nothing has ever been detected. Nobody used this computer but me and both windows and the computer is passworded at the bios level. It would have been very hard for someone to break either of those passwords with out using a viral trace of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified" Using Outlook 2
E The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target Using Outlook 4
B Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The Using Outlook 4
B After Latest Security Updates Outlook Will Not Connect to IMAP Server Using Outlook 5
P Does Microsoft Exchange Server EWS support WS-Security standard Exchange Server Administration 3
A Does CAS-only server need Forefront security protection for Exchange 2010? Exchange Server Administration 4
T Exchange 2003 Web Server settings + PCI Security issue Using Outlook 1
M AFTER Security Update for Windows XP (KB2286198) I get contacting the server for information Using Outlook 4
N Exchange server 2010 security hardening checklist Exchange Server Administration 4
A Re: Security alert when starting Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 - Exchange Server 2003 Using Outlook 5
A Re: Security alert when starting Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 - Exchange Server 2003 Using Outlook 1
M outlook client gives security alert after setting up EX2010 owa on server Exchange Server Administration 7
A Connect to server to views items Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 5
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
F outlook.com Exchane Server corrupts data Since September 2019 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
W Encrypted connection to server refused Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2016 Requesting data from server Using Outlook 0
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
CWM030 Name Server's Exchange Server Administration 15
CWM030 Archiving ON the imap server Using Outlook 3
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
GaryW88 2016 Archiving IMAP keeping mail on Gmail Server Using Outlook 1
R Would creating a new profile cause Outlook to download all the old mails from the server? Using Outlook 1
P Microsoft Outlook is requesting data from the server Using Outlook 2
J Old unread emails on current date (MDaemon Server) Using Outlook 1
E Duplicate, nested account folders on ATT server Using Outlook 10
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
M Problems Downloading Content from Server(s) Using Outlook 0
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
T Uploading Outlook 2016 Contacts to Exchange Server Drops "Company" field data in 30% of records Exchange Server Administration 4
Diane Poremsky Archiving Tools for Exchange Server New Slipstick.com Articles 4
Diane Poremsky Changing the Message Size in Exchange Server New Slipstick.com Articles 0
R Outlook 2007 - Shared Accounts and Resources without Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
J IMAP server Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Updates March 2016 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder Using Outlook 3
oliv- "Online mode with Exchange server" vs "online" Exchange Server Administration 2
W Deleting Emails from the Server in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
B Outlook not deleting messages from server Using Outlook 0
I Random Chinese characters in email copied from a pst file. Exchange Server 2016 Public Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
M Outlook 2010 Error: Your IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Save Sent Items in Shared Mailbox using an Exchange Server Cmdlet New Slipstick.com Articles 0
K IMAP Subfolders missing after migrating to new server Using Outlook 0