Messages being rejected with "550 5.7.1 Submission has been disabled for this account" error after S

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Abhi Jalan

We upgraded to SP1 recently and some users have complained that messages they send are returned with the following error:

exchange.domain.tld #<exchange.domain.tld #5.7.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 Submission has been disabled for this account> #SMTP#

This seems to only occur when the sender has an Exchange mailbox, but is submitting the message unauthenticated, using an external SMTP relay. Such as when using IMAP and submitting through their ISP's relay or submitting messages through a form. This processes worked have been working fine for us for years on 2007, and 2010 RTM, until we upgraded to SP1.
The recipients mailboxes have no restrictions and they are able to receive messages from other internal users and external users (sent through the same relays) without any problems.
Our Exchange spam filtering settings are set to just tag messages with an SCL and not reject them. Same for SPF / Sender ID, we only stamp the status, no rejections.

I searched, but was not able to find any information about the rejection, has anyone else seen this with SP1?

A

Abhi Jalan

The receive connector settings haven't changed after we applied SP1, additionally it doesn't explain why the user would receive the NDR only in the scenario described above. Was there a change made in SP1 that would cause this?

R

Rob Kobiske

Hi Abhi,

I also have received this error. Unsure as to what changed though.

R

Rob Kobiske

I was able to fix my issue. It turned out to be the ProhibitSendQuota was set to 0KB. This seems like a bug somewhere as we have the storage limits set to " Use mailbox store defaults" . But looking at this account via the powershell clearly shows the limit set to 0KB. This user has no issues sending through 2007 servers or 2003 servers. Only when the user sends through a 2010 connector the error occurs.

Abhi, can you check those users and see what their prohibit send limit is set to?

Rob

A

Abhi Jalan

Rob,
I had noticed the 0KB quota values on one of the mailboxes when investigating the issue but didn't think much of it, since like you, we set the mailbox to use the database quota defaults. It looks like all the mailboxes experiencing this problem have the quotas set to 0KB. It appears to be a bug introduced in SP1 that hopefully Microsoft will address. I have changed the quota to unlimited and notified the users. Presumably, that will solve our problem.

Thank you for posting your findings.

H

Hrebin Dmitry

Thank you, Alexey

I find answer for question " Intresting, how this user works in 2007 envirement?"

Key is

UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults : True

MCSE:M 2003, MCITP:EA, SA, EMA, EMA:2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Replied to messages are being deleted Using Outlook 1
M since setting up office outlook2007 all messages are being sent to deleted folder in webmail Using Outlook 1
S OUTLOOK 'FORBIDS' MY MESSAGES FROM BEING SENT FROM OUTBOX.... Using Outlook 1
F Messages get marked as read in Gmail after being downloaded by Outlook Using Outlook 2
F Messages being sent to drafts after sending Using Outlook 4
S sent messages not saving, despite box being checked Using Outlook 5
G Email messages being received but not displayed until the next day on Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
I Some Messages Remain in Preview Pane After Being Deleted (Outlook 2010) Using Outlook 5
S Up to about a month ago, everything with my Outlook 2010 was fine. Then, I found out that my sent messages weren't being received and I did not get n Using Outlook 1
J Not receiving any read receipts and opened messages are not being marked as read Using Outlook 1
J being able to mark read messages to unread using a Macbook that uses Safari in OWA Using Outlook 2
K My email messages are not being sent. Using Outlook 1
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Autoforward rule do not work for NDR messages Using Outlook 1
S Conditional Formatting for messages in a Conversation thread Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Items vs Sent Messages Using Outlook 2
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 customization of incoming messages Using Outlook 1
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
snissen Printing foreign language messages Using Outlook 1
S Receiving duplicate messages from RSS feeds Using Outlook 3
R Can't send messages to groups in Outlook Using Outlook 2
icacream outlook keeps neither SENT or FORWARDED messages... they vanish ! Using Outlook 4
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
S Custom user fields in received messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Receiving messages in offline mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
RangerRick Text Extraction from forwarded messages external Exchange Server Administration 1
Bri the Tech Guy Run Script rule not running for newly arriving messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 25
L How to use different fonts for outgoing messages for different email accounts Using Outlook 0
A rule to flag messages not working Using Outlook 5
S Changing notification sound for new incoming messages in Outlook 365/2016 Using Outlook 1
T SMTP messages stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 0
Mark White VBA to deal with Recalled messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
F want inbox on toolbar to reference icloud messages Using Outlook 2
O Rules and Alerts for New Messages BEFORE sending Using Outlook 2
Liza Creating a rule in outlook to filter messages Using Outlook 0
S Automatically selecting folders and deleting messages in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Diane Poremsky Save Messages and Attachments to a New Folder New Slipstick.com Articles 0
P AOL messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Create a custom field for Outlook messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0
I Identify Number of email messages opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Diane Poremsky Monitor secondary mailbox folder for new messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky After viewing the Outbox, messages won't send New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Create a Custom Numbering Field for Outlook messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Remove Attachments From Messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C Changing the name of Outlook Messages saved to a folder Using Outlook 1