How to create a reminder for the end of each weekday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dugmstr

Is there a simple, elegant solution to accomplish this in Outlook 2007?

I want a reminder to do my timesheet at the end of every day. I've tried a recurring task, but it shows up in my "To Do Bar" all day. That's not ideal. I can set it to pop up a reminder 15 minutes before I leave, but the task still shows up all day.

I've tried making an "Appointment" and moving it ahead one day each time I finish my timesheet.

I don't think there's a simple solution (other than putting a sticky note on my car keys).

Any ideas? Thanks.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

I would do it as a recurring appointment item (with the Show Time As set to "Free" if you like) which occurs 10 minutes before the end of your workday and has a reminder set for 5 minutes before the event. You can play with the times if you like, maybe make the event occur right at the end, or make the event occur 15 minutes before the end with a reminder 0 minutes early. Whatever. That would be the most elegant solution I think.

D

Dugmstr

Yeah, that works, but (I know this is picky) I don't like looking at my week/month views and seeing something at the same time every day.

A moving reminder would be best, but I don't think it can be done.

The "Task" in the "To Do" bar is really good except it shows up all day.

Any other ideas? Anyone?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Don't use Outlook for it. There are a number of "Alarm Clock" apps you can get, many of them free that will ring a reminder at a particular time of day each weekday. Then you can have the reminder but never see it in Outlook at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.