No address book after transferring to Office Outlook 2007 w/Win7 using Easy Transfer from 2003__

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B4Flop

I have tried to set up a new profile in Outlook, but still no address book. I may be slow, but have spent HOURS on these various sites with no solution.

Is there some way to delete all of my 2007 contacts? Then I could transfer my contact list from 2003 the "proper way". Not worried about loosing any Outlook data over this past month-a small price to pay!

If this is a common issue, why hasn't Microsoft provided a patch or something? Is it an issue in 2010?

In Dec. I transferred to another computer from Outlook Express 2003 and had no issue?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Transfering from Outlook Express to Outlook is a totally different process.

Deleting the contacts won't help - the address book service is broken. You need to create a new profile.

The correct way to move from Outlook on one computer to another is here: Moving Outlook to a New Computer If Easy trasnfer moved the pst files for you, you can start with Step 3 and create a new profile.

B

B4Flop

I have tried to create a new profile several times. the only thing it seems to do is send me duplicate e-mails, but no address book?

Am I supposed to create this new profile and delete all my other e-mail profiles?

I am ready to back up a few files and use my recovery disks to start all over with a clean slate! I am still running my old 2003 on my old computer so I have all of my e-mails for the last 30 days. I already have a career and don't need my Outlook address book as a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.