After Mailbox move a disconnected Mailbox is left behind in the old Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Velowerfer

Hello

I have setup 2 MBX servers and configured a DAG with them. (Exchange 2010 Ent. SP1)
Got 8 databases up and running and all of them have a copy on the other server.
Evertime when I move a mailbox from one DB to an other, a disconnected mailbox
is left in the old database. Even when both databases are up and runnung on the same host.
So when I move a mailbox in every mailbox once, then I have 7 disconnected mailboxes.

Any ideas about this issue?

Greets

PS: Sorry for my strange english

L

Leif Pedersen [MVP]

Hi,

I have seen a similar issue - I believe that it happens when the user connects to the mailbox during the move.

It is nothing to worry about - the disconnected mailbox will be removed when the deleted mailbox retention time runs out.

Leif

V

Velowerfer

Hi Leif

Thanks for your answer. The strange thing is that it happens when there is no user connection. My problem is that when I want to move a Mailbox because of storage reason, that I don't get the free space immediately. My only solution would be to delete the disconnected mailbox by myself. But I think that can't be the way Microsoft want's Exchange to work.

Pascal

R

Robert Greenlee

Look in to the SP1 release notes. Microsoft did this on purpose in SP1 as a safety measure incase a problem occurred during the move. The disconnected mailbox will get deleted at the end of your Deleted Mailbox Retention time or there is a PS command you can run to purge it ahead of time. Sorry I don't have it handy but you should be able to find it.

S

s10xtremenlow

You can change the deleted items/mailbox retention period to 0 on that mailbox store, save it, and run the cleanup agent and that will remove the left over mailboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Outlook Disconnected After Mailbox Move From 2007 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Q VBA Script to move item in secondary mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Automatically Move Old Items from a Shared Mailbox to a .PST on a Network Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Messages no longer move to quote folder on shared mailbox after user adds -D to folder name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P move mails after send to central mailbox-sent items folder Using Outlook 4
K Outlook Cached Mode - can't create rules to move email to another mailbox Using Outlook 2
B Move mailbox from Exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
M Exchange 2010 SP1 Hosted Mode - how to move mailbox from old organization? Exchange Server Administration 1
B Cross Forest Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 Mailbox Move question Exchange Server Administration 15
H Inter-Org Mailbox move Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook folder path changing automatically when move or delete Item from custom task folder which is installed in Exchange 2010 sared mailbox Using Outlook 1
D How to move an exchange mailbox back from 2010 to 2003 Exchange Server Administration 2
C Mailbox moved 2003 to 2010sp1 but move request screen shows errors Exchange Server Administration 3
F Exchange 2003 to 2010 Mailbox move Exchange Server Administration 1
M Sync Issues - Syncronization log in Outlook 2007 after mailbox move to Exchange 2010 from Exchane 20 Exchange Server Administration 11
F Exchange 2003 to 2010 Mailbox move Exchange Server Administration 4
B move mailbox- autodiscover Exchange Server Administration 25
K Move mailbox from 2003 to 2010 smtp changed Exchange Server Administration 1
D How do I move an Exchange 2003 mailbox to a new Exchange 2010 server Exchange Server Administration 2
A Move mailbox from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 but crossed different forest Exchange Server Administration 2
N Outlook - check sent items if messages sent from a specific account move it to another mailbox sent Using Outlook 3
J mailbox move Exchange Server Administration 4
A Outlook2010 - The emails stay in the Mailbox and doesn't move to the Personal folder Using Outlook 3
J move mailbox from 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 10
D move approval assistant mailbox Exchange Server Administration 4
K The attempt to deserialize the move job from the system mailbox job queue failed. Exchange Server Administration 3
J Exchange 2010 mailbox move request Exchange Server Administration 9
M exchange 2010 mailbox move Exchange Server Administration 3
O Exchange 2010 move-mailbox fails with MapiExceptionNoSupport Exchange Server Administration 22
S Move mailbox from 2003 to 2010 in schedule Exchange Server Administration 3
T Possible to move a mailbox from Exchange 2003 Forest to a 2010 Forest, even if they are in separate, trusted doamins? Exchange Server Administration 1
A Move Users Archive To A new Mailbox Exchange Server Administration 1
M Error: This mailbox exceeded the maximum number of corrupted items that were specified for this move Exchange Server Administration 9
A Error 0x86000108 after mailbox move from Exchange 2010 til Exchange 2003 SP2 Exchange Server Administration 3
A Online Move Mailbox Move Failed Exchange Server Administration 1
C Move or Setup Server-Side Rules for Additional Mailbox Using Outlook 2
R mailbox move from 2003 to 2010 fails. Exchange Server Administration 2
R Should I move this mailbox? Exchange Server Administration 2
L How to move an Exchange 2010 Mailbox database to another Exchange 2010 Server Exchange Server Administration 1
L Exchange 2010 SP1 move mailbox to Exchange 2003 fails Exchange Server Administration 3
M mailbox move request Exchange Server Administration 16
T Move a mailbox to a different user Exchange Server Administration 8
B Event ID 1100 and 4 When trying to move mailbox from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
S Mailbox move from exch2003 to exch2010 fail Exchange Server Administration 4
H How to move Exchange mailbox items at local server to another providers exchange 2007 server? Using Outlook 1
S Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 Move Mailbox Issues Exchange Server Administration 2
R Cross forest mailbox move fails 2003 - 2010 EMC Exchange Server Administration 6
M Cross forest mailbox move from Ex2003 to Ex2007 Exchange Server Administration 4
R Re: Move Mailbox Error Exchange Server Administration 2