outlook 2010 is retreiving the same Emails from POP3 server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HadiSakr

I have lately upgraded my outlook 2007 to 2010.

I have several POP3 email accounts, which are configured to keep all the E-mails on the server.

Unfortunately outlook 2010 is downloading me all the E-mail from the POP3 servers, and every once a while I have to delete the unwanted ones... I don't want to delete the copy situated on the server, because I travel too much and I need to view these E-mails.

Is this a bug on outlook 2010 or there is something missing in my configuration?

H

HadiSakr

Thank you Brian for your reply.

My issue is that every time I open outlook 2010 it download all the email (new and old ) which are on the POP3 server

H

Harry Yuan

Hi,

To stop receiving the same emails again you can follow the steps suggested below:

1. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

2. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click next.

3. Select your ISP account, and then click Change.

4. Click More Settings.

5. Click the Advanced tab, and under Delivery, "uncheck" the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box.

6. Click OK, and then click Finish.

You can also select one of the following options:

Remove from server after x days: E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but remain on the e-mail server for the number of days that you specify.

This is the most common setting for people who want to read their messages at work but also download them for permanent storage on their home computer.

We recommend that you choose the smallest number of days that suits your needs. The longer you leave messages on your e-mail server, the greater the risk of exceeding your mailbox size quota.

Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items": E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but also remain on the e-mail server indefinitely

Until you delete the e-mail message in Outlook and empty the Deleted Items folder. Just deleting the message doesn't remove the message from the e-mail server.

Regards,

Harry Yuan

Status
Not open for further replies.