DAG IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CKZ-NLD

Is there a way to change the IP addresses in an already configured DAG?

Or do I need to break down the existing DAG and build it over again? My question is because I added on both servers another NIC.
And I want to use this IP address instead of the older one. I don't want to change the primairy IP address for this to work.

TIA

L

lAdK

of course, in exchange 2010 sp1 you can change it from the GUI

emc -> org config -> DAG

then right click properties on the dag -> IP address

if you are running RTM

get-databaseavailabilitygroup | Set-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup -DatabaseAvailabilityGroupIpAddresses ipv4

Full time IT consultant since 1998 mainly on Exchange\ISA\AD MCSE NT4.0,2000/2003, CCNA MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 MCT since 2001

C

CKZ-NLD

Thanks foor the reply. But I need to change the Network Interfaces added to the DAG Network.

But it seems that the DAG needs to be rebuild with the new NIC's.

Thnx

L

lAdK

sorry in your original post you only said you wanted to change the IPs. you mean you want to change the physical NICs?

if so no issues just make sure to remove the IPs from the old ones, and reassign them on the new ones

Full time IT consultant since 1998 mainly on Exchange\ISA\AD MCSE NT4.0,2000/2003, CCNA MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 MCT since 2001

C

CKZ-NLD

Still no update.

It seems I need to clear the actual DAG cfg and rebuild it again with the new NIC's.

Can I delete a DAG cfg without any issues with the databases? I will activate the right DB on the initial server.

Anyone?

C

CKZ-NLD

Configured the system with a new IP set from a different subnet.
This IP address was detected almost instantly, and I configured this new network with replication and the old one without replication.
And of course all the settings disabled on the NIC concerning the DAG sync.

It seems that changing a configured NIC to another one in the same subnet is not possible.

Thanks all for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Change IP Address from DAG Member Exchange Server Administration 3
S DAG question Exchange Server Administration 0
B Two server DAG setup, second server EMC not opening Exchange Server Administration 3
M Exchange 2010 SP1 DAG & CA ARCserve Backup r15 Exchange Server Administration 1
L DAG Requirements Exchange Server Administration 5
G Mount recovery database fails on DAG Exchange Server Administration 3
S Mailbox Stores not mount in Two Member DAG Exchange Server Administration 4
P DAG CONFIGURED Need to change the data base and log file location .What are the risk .And Steps to p Exchange Server Administration 3
A Exchange DAG Exchange Server Administration 1
V mapiexceptioncallfailed: unable to mount database when activate mailboxdatabase in dag Exchange Server Administration 4
S DAG Content Index failed Exchange Server Administration 2
E Outlook 2007 won't connect to 2nd Mailbox Server in a DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
P Number of database on a server in DAG Exchange 2010 sp1 Exchange Server Administration 3
S DAG with Single Network Card Exchange Server Administration 8
T Exchange 2010 DAG Failover Issue - Database Activation Fails because Content Index Catalog Failed Exchange Server Administration 2
L DAG Question - Help Exchange Server Administration 2
A Access a DAG over a virtual lan ip for backup Exchange Server Administration 1
J Question of Exchange 2010 DAG Exchange Server Administration 3
M Hyper-v vSwitches and DAG Networks Exchange Server Administration 7
A Need Help Urgent !!!- Add Seconde Node To The DAG Exchange Server Administration 12
P 2 Member DAG - Members Virtualised running on non Clustered Hosts - supported Configuration? Exchange Server Administration 2
P Two Member DAG - Reboot Witness Server - Effects? Exchange Server Administration 7
K Exchange 2010 DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
S DAG replicaiton and server maintenance Exchange Server Administration 6
J When a database move from active host in a DAG, user are prompted for credentials Exchange Server Administration 8
à Loss the file share witness of DAG Exchange Server Administration 4
S DAG RPCclientAccessServer Exchange Server Administration 5
K msexchangerepl utilizing high CPU in a DAG env Exchange Server Administration 10
S Extend Exchange 2010 DAG accross sites Exchange Server Administration 3
M DAG layout and space question Exchange Server Administration 2
S DAG manually dismount database Exchange Server Administration 4
M Exchange 2010 DAG Witness Server Help Exchange Server Administration 2
S DAG Deployment Design with site resiliance Exchange Server Administration 2
H Shutdown all member in a DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
J DAG problem - I´m not able to recover database Exchange Server Administration 9
S Active Passive DAG seperate DNS namespace Exchange Server Administration 7
T DAG Exchange Server Administration 3
A The cluster network name is not online Exchange 2010 sp1 DAG Exchange Server Administration 8
D DAG Failover Treshold Exchange Server Administration 5
J Roll Back Options for installing SP1 on a DAG Exchange Server Administration 5
P Failing whn adding a server to a DAG Exchange Server Administration 5
S Change IP on DAG and DAG Members Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 DAG design - Drp Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 DAG issue Exchange Server Administration 1
F Why is an unmounted Exchange Server hosting mailboxes after having configured a DAG but haven't brou Exchange Server Administration 9
Y Exchange 2010 with DAG into the same storage Exchange Server Administration 1
P DAG Question Exchange Server Administration 7
M Problem removing a mailbox server from a DAG. Exchange Server Administration 1
H Exchange DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
J can i install Exchange 2010 DAG with any other exchange componenets Exchange Server Administration 4