Flagged email messages don't show in task list

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MRSPEZ

Outlook 2010, Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a local folder in Outlook where I save email.

It used to be that when I flagged items in this folder, they would show up in my task list.

Now when I flag items in this folder they do not show up in my task list.

Please help!

M

MRSPEZ

I ran this and it did not work - i just rest my TO DO bar.

I still have items flagged in my personal/local folders that don't show up in the TO DO list.

This seems like an Outlook bug.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Are these folders in the same message store (PST) that is your default message store or are they in other message stores? (like Archive.pst)

M

MRSPEZ

Hi Ben,

Here's my situation:

The folder in question is in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Outlook Files\<filename>.pst

All my other Outlook folders (essentially for each of my email accounts) are associated with PST files that are in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\

Based on your question, I'm guessing that maybe my problem is caused by the fact that the .pst for the folder I'm complaining about is where it is. But I'm pretty sure that's where Outook put it when I made it (?).

Any thoughts on what I should do from here?

I was thinking:

- Make a new folder

- Make sure the PST is in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\

- Copy the messages from the folder that I'm complaining about to the new one that I created

- Backup and delete the original folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Searching Flagged Email Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
L Ignore hyperlink from being flagged as false pattern Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Flagged emails in pst file corrupt to do list Using Outlook 12
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Create a Task when a Message is Flagged New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M flagged contacts suddenly disappeared from Reminders Using Outlook 3
S VBA code to rename a task (flagged message) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Mark Rideout Search Folder of flagged messages including "tracked conversations" Using Outlook 2
S automatically moving flagged sent e-mail to a special folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D flagged emails Using Outlook 1
T Outgoing Messages in the Reading Pane Cannot Be Flagged in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 6
S Previously flagged messages not archiving Using Outlook 3
R Flagged for Follow Up Search folder MIA after PST export/import Using Outlook 1
M download emails and share with multiple users on Outlook 2003 while holding read and flagged status Using Outlook 2
R Outlook to-do bar does not include flagged emails Using Outlook 5
S Adding Reminders to Flagged emails in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
C Emails not flagged as replied or forwarded in outlook 2007 under Icon column Using Outlook 6
T How to see in "To do Bar" the flagged archived emails ? Using Outlook 6
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 1
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T The non-email functions Using Outlook 8
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1