Outbound HoTMaiL gets stuck in Outbox when sending via Outlook 2003 using Outlook Connector

• Thread starter Hoping for The Solution
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hoping for The Solution

Using Outlook 2003 SP3 with Outlook Connector 32bit (14.0.5117.5000) and it's worked for years (and Outlook mail still seems to send fine.)

If I've got one stuck in my Outbox, I keep getting messages when I launch Outlook that say I stil have unsent messages in my Outbox and asking if I still want to quit (which I do because they won't send). When I launch Outlook the next time, I get the message that [username]@hotmail.com didn't close properly last time and needs to be checked. It takes a while to do, even though there's not much mail in my Outlook (more on the web interface, if they're being compared.)

I read in these postings that emails over 4MB create a problem so I moved some that had big attachments out of my Hotmail "Sent Mail" box in Connector.

In the "Detailed Report" off the "Server Status" tab in my Status Bar when my hotmail address is highlighted says:

Outlook Hotmail Connector Version 14.0.5117.5000

Account: [username]@hotmail.com

Signed in successfully at 10/13/2010 2:12:35 AM

Mail: Last successfully refreshed at 3:56 AM.

Calendar: Last successfully refreshed at 3:56 AM.

Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 3:56 AM.

Errors :

Time: 10/13/2010 2:13:13 AM
Error in Mail
Error with Send/Receive.
Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder.

Time: 10/13/2010 2:13:13 AM
Error in Mail
Error with Send/Receive.
Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder.

[And another for each time I hit "Send/Receive" button]

H-E-L-L-L-L-P ! ! !

B

Brian Tillman

What do the messages in Sync Issues say?

If this happened to me, I'd remove the account, restart Outlook, then re-add the account. If that didn't help, I'd remove the account, stop Outlook, uninstall and reinstall the Outlook Connector, re-add the account and try again.

H

Hoping for The Solution

Thanks Bill.

It seems to be a moving around on me now. I'm also having trouble sending directly from Outlook. Any other thoughts in that instance?

AND, I haven't had access to the box yet to try, but will keep you posted. Do I have to worry about getting another set of hotmail inboxes/sent mail/ etc. if I uninstall and reinstall?

H

Hoping for The Solution

Hey Brian,

I can't find the Sync Issues folder. I searched the C drive and found nothing. Any ideas for me?

Thanks again!

B

Brian Tillman

You said you were using the Outlook Connector. That means that you're using Outlook. The Sync Issiues folder isin Outlook, under the Hotmail account folders.

When using the Outlook Connector, data is kept on the server so you can delete the account in Outlook without worrying about losing any data. It's still all on the server and will reappear when you recreate the account in Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Edge + TMG 2010 No email inbound/outbound and cannot telnet to port 25 on TMG Exchange Server Administration 0
C Outlook 2003 (or Exchange 2003): Automatically coptying someone on outbound email Using Outlook 2
I Outlook 2010 BCM Mass E-mail feature insists on converting outbound HTML emails to plain text Using Outlook 2
S I have one outbound e-mal stuck in my outbox folder. I cannot send it or delete it. How do delete this e-mail? Using Outlook 1
Z any outbound email is 'miniaturized' fonts become unreadable all email can fit a stamp, a small one Using Outlook 1
S 2003 > 2010 Coexistance - Which server sends outbound email?? Exchange Server Administration 2
Z How to enable Content Filtering for Inbound and Outbound Emails on Exchange 2007? Exchange Server Administration 4
U Changing outbound mail port in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
J Outbound E-mail Approval Exchange Server Administration 1
W Outbound messages are suddenly disappearing Using Outlook 1
C Exchange 2010 outbound mail Exchange Server Administration 4
M Outbound issue with POP3 exchange server 2007 Exchange Server Administration 2
Z EdgeSync won't work, Outbound mail getting stuck! Exchange Server Administration 5
M EX2010 Edge Transport Outbound Only? Exchange Server Administration 1
M Have to hit Send/Receive to get delivery Outbound don't leave outbox Using Outlook 0
M Outbound mail sits in outbox forever, sometimes leaving sometimes never Using Outlook 0
W Tracking Outbound Email Exchange Server Administration 2
A trap outbound mail to update subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
J Accessing Hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
B Headache with Hotmail and Outlook since migration Exchange Server Administration 10
V Hotmail account on Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Check Contacts before moving them to Hotmail Contacts folder New Slipstick.com Articles 0
A hotmail calendar sync Using Outlook 1
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Can't login to Hotmail account to use Outlook Using Outlook 2
K Outlook(hotmail)Yahoo problem Using Outlook 6
B Outlook.com (formerly hotmail.com) and sending meeting invitations Using Outlook 1
R Cannot Synchronize Outlook To Windows Live Hotmail Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
P How to fetch ALL (not only Inbox) emails from Hotmail/live server (by POP3)? Using Outlook 1
C forwarding from 365 to hotmail account? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook - Hotmail/Outlook.com issue Using Outlook 3
M Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
V Outlook 2013 and Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Missing Folders From Hotmail Account which are in my PC Outlook 2013 PST file Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B unable to send to a hotmail.com account Using Outlook 4
V Sharing Hotmail contacts / groups not working as expected Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Having Recent Issues with Hotmail Connector? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 17
O Sent mail from ( Yahoo ) appear on hotmail sent box Using Outlook 2
Z Making Outlook Default folders to local/personal instead of Hotmail Using Outlook 8
A Disable hotmail from Outlook email account Using Outlook 1
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector will not download ALL messages from hotmail accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
S Outlook doesn't download all hotmail emails on Vista Using Outlook 2
R How to recover old hotmail messages from an .ost file Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
D can't connect to my hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
H Hotmail set not to delete from other accounts, but did. Settings in Outlook? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
V What is wrong with Outlook Connector - it still errors out on an EMPTY Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
N cannot send emails-SMTP Ports not working for Hotmail Pop3 Using Outlook 3