Outlook 2003/2007/2010 not showing attachments but OWA does

• Thread starter mike_coreit
  • Start date Views 1,952
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike_coreit

I have recently moved from exchange 2004 to 2007. I am connecting to this with outlook 2003 and am receiving emails but I cannot receive pdf attachments from a specific sender. I can see these attachments in OWA but not in the outlook client.

I called the organisation responsible for sending these emails but they said its down to a bug in outlook where the MIME type is not handled correctly.

I have tried viewing the emails on a 2007 client and a 2010 trial version but the same thing happens. Interestingly when I import the emails into Mozilla Thunderbird the attachments appear as they should.

M

mike_coreit

Is there a way to sort this out from the server end instead of installing this software on each pc?

M

mike_coreit

I don't plan on running this tool to extract every single attachment from my mailbox. Is there a way to extract the attachments for just a selected message?

M

mike_coreit

I managed to find a work-around anyway. I figured the old set-up had these specific emails going through a pop3 mailbox for a reason - I have replicated this and it has solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.